• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I haven't checked this thread in awhile.

Just making sure someone mentioned:
    - AWIB is inherently dangerous.
    - Striker fired guns are inherently dangerous.
    - Ingestion of small amounts of saliva over long periods of time is inherently dangerous.

I just feel an obligation to make sure these things are mentioned on every page.

What if the saliva I'm ingesting is not mine? :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I DENY your science!

In the immortal words of the great American philosopher, George Carlin, just imagine how stupid the average American is. Then realize that half of them are dumber than that.

What if the saliva I'm ingesting is not mine? :dunno:

In the immortal words of the great American philosopher, Bill Murray, I want to party with you, cowboy. :)

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It could happen to "many" guns but not "any" gun. Those with a safety or even just a grip safety aren't going to fire with a trigger snag.

But, yes his procedure was less than ideal.

If it had a grip safety when you bent over your stomach could press the grip safety. Not likely, but could happen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe next time guns are brought in for melting (disposal) I can convince an officer to "look the other way".. purely for science.

Probably not.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If it had a grip safety when you bent over your stomach could press the grip safety. Not likely, but could happen.

if you somehow had a gut that could press backward on the trigger and forward on the grip safety at the same time? Sounds like the likelihood of pigs growing wings

A more realistic critcism of a grip safety is the fact that it won't fire if you can't/don't take a good grip for some reason.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    if you somehow had a gut that could press backward on the trigger and forward on the grip safety at the same time? Sounds like the likelihood of pigs growing wings

A more realistic critcism of a grip safety is the fact that it won't fire if you can't/don't take a good grip for some reason.

If something is lodged in the trigger guard and your gut rests on the grip pushing the gun downward, it would depress the grip while putting pressure on the trigger...

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant what "Hatin since 87" said above/below. I agree, the chances are low.

If something is lodged in the trigger guard and your gut rests on the grip pushing the gun downward, it would depress the grip while putting pressure on the trigger...

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    if you somehow had a gut that could press backward on the trigger and forward on the grip safety at the same time? Sounds like the likelihood of pigs growing wings.

I saw a chick one time who laid down and put a row of quarters across her stomach. She could use her stomach to flip them over and back, then she flipped them over one at a time over and back. Just sayin'.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Ok. So you could set up an experiment where a seemingly accidental trigger squeeze causes a gun to fire in the face of some other item pushing on a grip safety.

My original comment was made in reference to someone saying that this accidental discharge could happen with any gun. No it couldn't. Setting up a myriad of bizarre circumstances does not change that. I'm not advocating one type of gun over another. I'm advocating rational analysis and individual choices and weighing different risks

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Saw a chick once that inserted ping pong balls one at a time red, white, and blue, then returned them red, white, and blue! Gotta love talent! No video available, sorry. The establishment frowned upon cameras.

That is patriotic.
    I would have stood at attention............ and saluted her............ while clapping.

:patriot:Merca

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Every time someone says they’re too fat for AIWB, I feel skinnier. :)

I am on the hefty side and AIWB carried a FS M&P. I stopped carrying like that because of work. Way too much bending over. Never could get everything lined up where it wasn't a pain after a few hours.

Wish I could figure out how to do it without the gun flopping all over or tearing into me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am on the hefty side and AIWB carried a FS M&P. I stopped carrying like that because of work. Way too much bending over. Never could get everything lined up where it wasn't a pain after a few hours.

Wish I could figure out how to do it without the gun flopping all over or tearing into me.

You need to apply the concepts of the 300th Parallel and the FUPA.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No idea what the first part is about... but I have the second covered...

There is a hefty youtuber who has done some videos on AIWB carry for fat guys. His lectures focus on his 300th parallel concept and he also incorporates the FUPA. It's both practical as well as hilarious.

Top Bottom