• ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    EPIC FAIL!

However, hopefully all of us realize that for many would be criminals - or those that already are criminals and are repeating offenders - it really doesn't matter who you are, and it could happen to any of us, at any time. Thus, we all need to be prepared to act just like this homeowner did.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Good for him......even tried CPR on the wounded BG. That's more than I would have done. I wonder if they were playin' for money;)

That article ended a little bit weird. .......(quoted from link)

“It’s being investigated by IMPD detectives, there’s no indication of any alcohol,” Turner said.

WTF does it matter if the guys were drinking or not? This was a home invasion. I don't care if he was half in the bag and 3 sheets to the wind.

troy2198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Almost sounds as if it was an attemped hit on the cop. Breaks in and immeadiately starts firing. Wouldnt supprise me since cops deal with a lot of bad people who wouldnt hesitate to something like this.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good for him......even tried CPR on the wounded BG. That's more than I would have done. I wonder if they were playin' for money;)

“It’s being investigated by IMPD detectives, there’s no indication of any alcohol,” Turner said.

WTF does it matter if the guys were drinking or not? This was a home invasion. I don't care if he was half in the bag and 3 sheets to the wind.

I agree...but unfortunately, it will to the attorney that will likely represent the perp in what I would expect that there will be the normal "wrongful death" suit filed in response.

As such circumstances such as the presence of alcohol and other circumstatial evidence will be used to try to "prove" that the homeowner was not justified in shooting and killing a man who broke into another man's home while brandishing a weapon and firing shots.

+1 for the homeowner for being prepared, who realized that just because he's off the clock, doesn't mean the danger ends.

Cratchelow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Same thing happened last year in Indianola,IL.Retired officer,two thugs.Good outcome ,with two less thugs.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    The holidays are around the corner with thievery as well.I always carry something while christmas shopping. I have had no trouble around here.Lucky me for now. I am still always ready.I had a person want to come in and i said no.He insisted and wanted to know why. He left after I told him i senced a home invasion.Found out later he was a kirby salesman.I had the cops come and make him identify him self while he was at a elderly neighbors house.I called their son and he tried to call them on home and cell with no answer.Turned out I was wrong.I bet and hope he will never come back. He looked like a homeless guy in a fancy suit. Im sorry for him but not really.I still need to call kirby and complain.Check this out. He had a partner leave him at the neighbors house for two hours. If this isnt high pressure I dont know what is.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I agree...but unfortunately, it will to the attorney that will likely represent the perp in what I would expect that there will be the normal "wrongful death" suit filed in response.

As such circumstances such as the presence of alcohol and other circumstatial evidence will be used to try to "prove" that the homeowner was not justified in shooting and killing a man who broke into another man's home while brandishing a weapon and firing shots.

I can't help but wonder why I see statements like this in just about every home invasion I read about here on INGO. We here in IN do have a castle doctrine. Can you site an instance where the home owner is sued?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

After the Bisard case IMPD is probably going to be hypersensitive to alcohol use by police during any investigation involving an officer. Not really necessary to make the distinction in the article but oh well.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    images

Top Bottom