• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    For all my 2nd amendment friends, I want you to start using this term in place of assault rifle. HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLE. Assault means to attack, defense to defend. I do not have a rifle to attack anyone but I do have one to defend my family, myself, my values, and my country. Do NOT let the liberals brand or change the meaning of what you really have by calling it assault anymore. Typical liberal tactic, control the words to control the definition, and thereby change the meaning. When conversing with liberals or for that matter anyone from this point forward, you do not have an assault rifle, you have a HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLE. After all that is what it really is.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For all my 2nd amendment friends, I want you to start using this term in place of assault rifle. HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLE. Assault means to attack, defense to defend. I do not have a rifle to attack anyone but I do have one to defend my family, myself, my values, and my country. Do NOT let the liberals brand or change the meaning of what you really have by calling it assault anymore. Typical liberal tactic, control the words to control the definition, and thereby change the meaning. When conversing with liberals or for that matter anyone from this point forward, you do not have an assault rifle, you have a HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLE. After all that is what it really is.
    You have my attention. I like your idea.
    Rep inbound.

Blessings,
    Bill

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Makes sense. I believe the Dept. of Homeland Security concurs with your assessment as well.

I remember reading something about them putting out something to their employees stating that the AR platform is suitable as a home defense firearm.

Last edited:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Makes sense. I believe the Dept. of Homeland Defense concurs with your assessment as well.

I remember reading something about them putting out something to their employees stating that the AR platform is suitable as a home defense firearm.

Yes DHS placed an order for 7000 M4's calling then Personal Defense Weapons. My semi auto is an "Assault weapon" their full auto capable is a "Personal Defense Weapon" I say that everyone should be able to own a Personal Defense Weapon as defined by DHS's.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    My homeland defense rifle is my go-to gun hanging on the wall. If I have children in the future I hope they grow up to experience the same peace of mind I do from the 2nd amendment. I hope they are allowed to own their own homeland defense rifles. I fear what the government is trying to do in the next year alone, not to mention 10 or 20 years from now. If we let this trend of the government thinking they can slowly take away our rights now, they will continue taking a little more and more until we are left with nothing. I fear for the safety of our citizens and their right to protect themselves in the year to come. It must stop now. Every honest, non-criminal, tax paying citizen should always be allowed to own their own homeland defense rifle with as many rounds in the magazine they feel are needed for their safety and the safety of their family. :patriot:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like this idea. I started to call them battle rifles, but even that they can twist anyway they want to. Homeland Defense Rifle it is! Wonder if we can get the media to use the term?

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    It would all be up to the media in order for this to take hold, as the majority of citizens are not "gun"people.

I don't see them neutering their catch phrases that demonize guns, as that is what is on their agenda..........

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Still sets them apart, making them their own "class" of weapon. Why not just call them "rifles" and stop trying to differentiate them from other rifles?

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Rep'ed you and also doing a copy and paste for my friends across the country that are not on the board. I hope that you don't mind. Sending the link along also.

Let's get the word out!!

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Still sets them apart, making them their own "class" of weapon. Why not just call them "rifles" and stop trying to differentiate them from other rifles?

Know thy enemy, and adopt his tactics you see to be effective.

"Homeland Defense Rifle" has stuck in my brain like a splinter. Great job, Spartan! :rockwoot:

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I welcome anyone who wants to share this to please do wherever they think it will do some good.
    We have to start somewhere to change people's minds, it sure wouldn't hurt to try to get the TRUTH out there.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will support the HDR Request.

Kinda like the Jeff Cooper Scout Rifle: the one rifle-one cartridge-multipurpose 308 Win. Scout Rifle. So does the HDR in many cartridges: hunting, sporting, home defense and homeland defense, a near perfect rifle.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Know thy enemy, and adopt his tactics you see to be effective.

"Homeland Defense Rifle" has stuck in my brain like a splinter. Great job, Spartan! :rockwoot:

My point is it still makes them a special class, and they will continue to be debated as such even if the new terminology were to take hold. The same arguments apply if you call them assault rifles, military-style rifles, battle rifles, or whatever.

Referring to your AR-15 in the same way you'd refer to a Savage 16 eliminates those arguments. 'No one uses a "homeland defense rifle" for hunting' or 'no one needs as much firepower as a "homeland defense rifle" has' becomes 'no one uses a rifle for hunting' and 'no one needs as much firepower as a rifle has.'

Much easier for fence sitters and the uninformed see that the argument is bunk as they remember grandpa hunting with a rifle, etc.

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from, but disagree. How many people out there remember grandpa hunting with a rifle? Fewer and fewer each year. Why? Because fence sitting is what we HAVE done is American's favorite past time, that is why the left's agenda is so far advanced. No sir, I believe we have to take pride in our weapon and our right to keep and bear it. I will stick with Homeland Defense Rifle to describe what it is there for. It sure isn't there to assault anyone. As true as your statement is, it won't work. IMHO

By the way some of you have mentioned using Home Defense Rifle instead of Homeland. The reason I like Homeland is this is my HOMELAND and worth defending just like our forefathers did, they didn't just defend their house. I will not let the government take that term away from me with "Homeland Security" which is a total misnomer coming from them. We are the TRUE defenders of this precious Homeland.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom