• ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Like Kirk said, textbook self-defense.

The INGOtarians marched against me in the old style and were driven off in the old style.

190px-Lord_Arthur_Wellesley_the_Duke_of_Wellington.jpg

Is it old style to pay the family 5 million dollars after self-defense occurs?

That seems new to me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seems like this ruthless gang of enforcers just couldn't restrain themselves when it looked like it was going to end without bloodshed, so they stepped it up and attacked the guy.

5 million dollars says I had it about right.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You have a 99% chance of NOT getting real justice if a cop shoots you wrongfully. They have the advantage in many ways. And the law give a them many outs.if they believed they were doing the right thing even out of fear for themselves even if they hear a damn firework go off and think you are shooting then you are ****ED <- that's in capitol letters
    Stay away from the cops. If you have a gun don't tell them. If you see some bad **** going down and want to help then call 911 anonymously and stay the **** away when they show up and don't be all holster sniffer Tommy and run out there to give a high five and tell how it went down. You might get killed or arrested or beat.
    I don't wish any bad to come to cops. The **** that's been happening over the last few years against cops is wrong, but some of what some cops do and get away with regards to shootings is ****ed up to. Just stay away from bad **** and don't have to talk to the police

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

The bar to clear with getting federal charges in a case like this is extremely high, substantially higher than New Mexico would need for whatever class of murder they tried them for. Not only must they have violated civil rights as proscribed in the constitution and federal law, they must be able to prove the conduct was knowingly unlawful, willful, and done in defiance of that. That's why federal civil rights violation charges are rather rare. I'm not too surprised the feds dropped it, but the link above is misleading. This press release explains the issue better regarding the elements of proof required for conviction of federal charges:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nm/pr/federal-officials-close-investigation-death-james-boyd

John

Edit:
    In the "It seems to me" column, there were much, much better ways to defuse and resolve their confrontation with the man. I've personally witnessed a number of confrontation escalations when excessive testosterone and a bullying personality start spoiling for any excuse for a fight, literally begging for it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom