• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Good gunhandling. Yes. But as I pay attention to more accidental shootings I find more that involve striker fired guns with no safety - mainly Glocks. I would like to know what kind of gun that guy had. I bet it wasn't a revolver.

Guns don't go off by themselves. It's more of a Negligent Shooting than an accidental one. If your finger is on the trigger, it's not an accident.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good gunhandling. Yes. But as I pay attention to more accidental shootings I find more that involve striker fired guns with no safety - mainly Glocks. I would like to know what kind of gun that guy had. I bet it wasn't a revolver.

Could be more because Glocks are popular. An exposed hammer is no excuse for keeping your finger off the trigger.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    First off, Wtf, sounds more like a failed suicide and he was too shamed to admit it than any kind of accident I've ever heard of. Take the man away from his guns before he hurts someone. He not only failed multiple rules of gun safety he failed common sense, don't point it at yourself, particularly your heads.

I'll bite, what's a muscle member?

Sorry, I meant muscle memory. :laugh:

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    With the manner in which the media conducts itself these days, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy only had a BB gun and shot himself while pumping it up. That would be the kind of creative editing we should expect.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guns don't go off by themselves.

Yes, they most certainly do (maybe not in this case, but they do go bang without fingers on triggers). Did I ever tell you guys about the 870 at Shootrite?:D

The gun is a snake get it away from you. The gun has one job, to shoot, get it away from you.

I know you look cool with the gun up by your head or pointed at your junk in Position Cul, but get the thing away from ya.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    This is the reason some people with guns scare me. I guess I was one of the few who was taught never to point a gun at myself or someone else

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You really don't know what happened - all the media tends to exaggerate this events. My FIL once shot his hand (tip of the finger) and he was a trained LEO! He had just got a new snub nosed carry gun and was targeting - had his index finger along side the barrel, unfortunately his finger was longer than the barrel. no major damage - and he didn't go the the Hospital - but think how the news would had played it? Hell, if you burn your hand by grabbing the barrel to set a firearm down (I did ONCE) it would be a major news event if you went to the hospital to have burn ointment applied because a FIREARM was involved! By the way I did learn what the barrel cover is for on AKS and SKS's. I had fired about 20 -30 rounds, cleared the gun and grabbed the end of the barrel to set it against a shed by my son's firing range! Sure didn't take long to look at that gun!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Grazed his own head??
    How was he carrying it?

TLD-James-Bond.jpg

Maybe he had to make an adjustment. Inadvertantly pointing a gun at your head can happen to anybody...even a Vice President of the USA.

image_zps76ad820c.jpg

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Yeah, how in the world was he carrying it? I wonder if it was a Glock or other striker fired handgun with no safety.

Yeah, it's always the Glock's fault...NOT. Spoken like a Glock hater.:noway:
    You think it might be the shooters fault and not the gun? That kind of thinking is what the anti's do, oh it's the gun's fault!

commonality

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Stay inside your house. Keep your finger off the trigger. An never point your gun at anything you wouldn't want to shoot.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011

Funny i pictured at 65yr old man with a revolver shooting himself with it in SA.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Yeah, it's always the Glock's fault...NOT. Spoken like a Glock hater.:noway:
    You think it might be the shooters fault and not the gun? That kind of thinking is what the anti's do, oh it's the gun's fault!

I'm not a Glock hater or lover. I've never shot one before or owned one but I would like to own one in the near future just because Iv'e heard how reliable they are. But my concern about OTHER PEOPLE is that there is no external safeties on them and they are striker fired so you can't see the hammer. As it has been said before - that leaves little room for mistakes.

But I'll say again - I do plan on shooting my friends Glock some time this summer and if they are as great as people say I will probably get one.

And I'll stand on this - from what I know so far, semi-autos with hammers and revolvers are a little safer than Glocks with no hammer and external safeties (besides the trigger safety).

A police officer in New England was patrolling a school (school guard) last month and he accidentally fired his handgun. On another forum I said I bet he was using a Glock. Others said - Lets wait for the full report. Full report - the officer had a habit of pulling his Glock in and out of his holster and it accidentally went off! I bet it would not have happened if he had a semi-auto with a hammer or semi-auto with a safety. The officer did resign after that incident. No one was hurt, thankfully.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'm not a Glock hater or lover. I've never shot one before or owned one but I would like to own one in the near future just because Iv'e heard how reliable they are. But my concern about OTHER PEOPLE is that there is no external safeties on them and they are striker fired so you can't see the hammer. As it has been said before - that leaves little room for mistakes.

But I'll say again - I do plan on shooting my friends Glock some time this summer and if they are as great as people say I will probably get one.

And I'll stand on this - from what I know so far, semi-autos with hammers and revolvers are a little safer than Glocks with no hammer and external safeties (besides the trigger safety).

A police officer in New England was patrolling a school (school guard) last month and he accidentally fired his handgun. On another forum I said I bet he was using a Glock. Others said - Lets wait for the full report. Full report - the officer had a habit of pulling his Glock in and out of his holster and it accidentally went off! I bet it would not have happened if he had a semi-auto with a hammer or semi-auto with a safety. The officer did resign after that incident. No one was hurt, thankfully.

The gun is gonna be as safe as the user makes it. Instead of looking at the school guard incident of having a certain firearm, look at the underlying issue of why it was unholstered. Saying this gun is safer because of this one for any reason is complete ignorance. The Glock line of pistols come with a 5.5 lb trigger pull while a Springfield 1911 has between 5-6 lb. The problem is user error. The gun functioned exactly how it was designed to.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom