• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It's starting to sound more like a drug deal gone bad than a burglary.

As for the neighbors, this is typical "Neighbors told us they are determined to help their community. They also feel something has to be done to put young people to work so they're not tempted to break the law to make a buck." These, of course, are the same neighbors who voted for Barack Hussein and other Democrats, who are 100% responsible for the destruction of the American economy and job elimination. Want change? Quit hoping and start voting responsibly.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I'm sorry, I just can't see the excuse "give them a job" and other assessments like this being the solution to this type of violence. My father died when I was 10 years old. I NEVER broke into anyone's home or stole anyone's possessions. I graduated high school, worked during the summers while in school almost full time to afford the clothes, class ring etc. NO ONE gave me a job, or an activity center (did have a small church I attended), nor taught me on how I should behave except my mother (and church). I worked at a factory on day of my high school graduation (a few days after I turned 18). I was no angel, did drive like a maniac and had a few warnings from the officers about that! But I worked all my life, I had to relocate during recessions to find work and worked at some low paying jobs - sometimes 2 or 3 at one time. In my 73 years of life, I only collected one week of unemployment insurance, and received zero government handouts.

Apparently the reward is greater than the punishment in the eyes of the current group of violent offenders. In my opinion many of the Non-violent offenders often receive prison sentences (like marijuana use, embezzlement etc.) far greater than those that break into homes or assault people. Even when they are sent to prison, they are often released early. Even the punishment during incarceration is so minor, from what I understand the prisons provide such good food, entertainment, dental, medical care, gyms, and a quite comfortable environment that for many the life there is better than that outside. I firmly believe that prisoners should be made to work at least 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. They should eliminate TV, air conditioning, and only provide cheap balanced meals.

Maybe I am wrong, but one thing I am quite sure of, the current system of "justice" is definitely not working.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw this on Fox59 while getting ready for work. Glad to hear someone was able to defend themselves against a thief.

MCgrease08 said:
    Report says relatives of the deceased walked over to the scene to pray for him. That means the two accomplices likely contacted them to tell them he'd been killed. The family must know who he runs with. Let's see if they cooperate with the investigation.
    My thoughts exactly.

Complain about the violence, but you're part of the problem when you choose not to report it.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just saw that the the dead guy has been identified as a 17 year old... looks like he won't be growing up living the life of crime and one less thug we've got to bounce around in our jails and court system. Thank you homeowner for saving us tax payers some money!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sorry, I just can't see the excuse "give them a job" and other assessments like this being the solution to this type of violence. My father died when I was 10 years old. I NEVER broke into anyone's home or stole anyone's possessions. I graduated high school, worked during the summers while in school almost full time to afford the clothes, class ring etc. NO ONE gave me a job, or an activity center (did have a small church I attended), nor taught me on how I should behave except my mother (and church). I worked at a factory on day of my high school graduation (a few days after I turned 18). I was no angel, did drive like a maniac and had a few warnings from the officers about that! But I worked all my life, I had to relocate during recessions to find work and worked at some low paying jobs - sometimes 2 or 3 at one time. In my 73 years of life, I only collected one week of unemployment insurance, and received zero government handouts.

Apparently the reward is greater than the punishment in the eyes of the current group of violent offenders. In my opinion many of the Non-violent offenders often receive prison sentences (like marijuana use, embezzlement etc.) far greater than those that break into homes or assault people. Even when they are sent to prison, they are often released early. Even the punishment during incarceration is so minor, from what I understand the prisons provide such good food, entertainment, dental, medical care, gyms, and a quite comfortable environment that for many the life there is better than that outside. I firmly believe that prisoners should be made to work at least 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. They should eliminate TV, air conditioning, and only provide cheap balanced meals.

Maybe I am wrong, but one thing I am quite sure of, the current system of "justice" is definitely not working.

I don't buy the "there aren't any jobs" excuse either. Does anyone think that these career criminals are suddenly going to turn into fine upstanding citizens if they get a job? First, they would have to stop being criminals long enough to do what it takes to actually GET a job, beginning with staying in school. Unemployment is no excuse. An entire generation lived through the Great Depression with high double digit unemployment. Did they all turn to crime to get by? Certainly some did (think organized crime, bootleggers, etc.) but the vast majority did not. Even the ones that did probably would have done so anyway, job or not. If unemployment were the driving force, then we would have had a generation of thieves and killers, and that just didn't happen. And keep in mind that during the Depression there wasn't the system of social "safety nets" that we have today. Maybe there is a correlation there, I don't know.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Just saw that the the dead guy has been identified as a 17 year old... looks like he won't be growing up living the life of crime and one less thug we've got to bounce around in our jails and court system. Thank you homeowner for saving us tax payers some money!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    11704d1339509517-well_bye_zps0262b3a6.jpg

Top Bottom