• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm convinced that there is no more powerful act of rebellion than homeschooling your kids. It is drawing a line and saying-- not today, not ever, will the State try to override my efforts to train my children in the way I think they should be trained.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I figured I'd post an update. We chose to go with Classical Conversations this year. The main reason is the weekly Community Day that starts the week with a few hours of socializing with other kids and parents and some tutoring over what is happening with this week's curriculum. We meet at a church a few miles away.

The first one was today. There are 6 other kids in our kids age group for a total of 8. Both of our kids loved it and can't wait to go back next week. I've tentatively volunteered to be a tutor also.

We will be adding a math and language arts program for the kids as well. Thinking Easy Peasy for now. It's free. (The price of the Classical Conversations was quite a bit more than we expected but we figured but was worth it.)

We've also got connected into the local homeschool social media groups. Lots of help and ideas there. I'm already planning a field trip to the AirZoo in Michigan sometime this fall.

So our journey has begun.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Congratulations!

Having had 4 home school kids, 2 still at home, 1 in college and 1 college graduate (employed and on his own), I can tell you, done well, home-schooling is a top notch education.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Congrats!

Still kicking it around here.A friend uses Easy Peasy, and it works well for them. We might give it a try for some "extra help" for our kiddo. Math is kicking her butt already.

Going to get our ducks in a row, so if we need to jump in mid-year, we are ready.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We have also named our school. I guess it's something others do. Lots of "last name here" Academy's. It was kinda boring. So we used a our last name for a play on words. Instead of U.S. Marshal's, we went with the School of us Marshall's.

I even made a badge. (S&W badge making site)

S7NEqPP.png

Top Bottom