Hong Kong Protests - An example of why the 2A is important for defending freedom

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    HK protesters have currently shut down the airport...standing by...

I don't think they've actually shut it down. Rather, I think they're "occupying" the arrival hall. Like if we held a demonstration at the food court area of Indy International.

The vids I've seen show passengers still making their way to gates or whatever.

That's not to minimize what they're doing. Getting several hundred people to gather in that very public, very CCTV'd area is a big deal.

ETA:
    I think it also coincides with the arrival of some k-pop band.

ETA2:
    Actually, a really big k-pop band. Could be interesting.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Except for aggitations by the running dog USofA; our loyal Hong Kong citizens would have stood quietly, heads bowed, while we cut their legal balls off"

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    This has me worried. My oldest daughter is now teaching in Shenzhen, just a stone's throw across the border from Hong Kong. She's already under intense covert observation by the Chinese government, and this won't help any.

When I taught in China I never felt watched, too many foreigners.

Doubt whether there will be trouble north of the line. Damn shame for the folks in HK however.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    spencer rifle...the ChiComs are blaming the US for this unrest. FYSA

Well, as they say, what color is your revolution?
    But hey, is there any reason to think our intel services are sitting idly by? We done paid good money for this and should expect them to be more than just passive observers. I want my monies worth by golly. And by the way, how come I aint got the key to my mine shaft suite yet?

OK, I'll go back to me book case sketches. Got the shelves cut and sanded. Pre-drilling holes tomorrow morning. Glue and screw it together, schlock on the primer, sand it, reprime, top coats and away we go.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like the airport protests are shutting down flights. Whether that's actually necessary or not isn't really the issue, it just raises the ante on the response.

I think that's what my biggest concern is at this point: the more disruptive the protests become, the more "justified" China will depict in her response. Now, it seems to me that they've been giving the protestors more than enough rope with which to hang themselves.

Also, it doesn't seem like there's much chance to find a path away from the paramilitary response. In the absence of legitimate compromise, neither side really has much to lose.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just saw a couple interesting vids. In one, police were firing paintballs at retreating protesters at point blank range. Like, maybe 6-8 feet (at most). THAT'll leave a mark.

In another, it appears that cops dressed like protestors (must've had some sort of color-of-the-day attire marking them as police) were helping beat the snot out of "arrested" protesters.

ETA:
    Hong Kong transportation minister just told the protesters to leave, for the safety of passengers and airport staff. The "or else" was implied.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry to spam the thread, but the twitterverse has alot of flow right now.

Saw a tweet that showed a pic of one kind of CS used in Hong Kong. Looks like its made in the USA (Pennsylvania). Granted, it could easily be a Chinese counterfeit, but while I support the cause of democracy, a significant re-order could help that business!

Also saw a new vid that purported to be Chinese trucks staging for crossing the border in Shenzen. The earlier vids of military were recycled; this one really does appear to be new.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    When I taught in China I never felt watched, too many foreigners.

Doubt whether there will be trouble north of the line. Damn shame for the folks in HK however.
    When my daughter taught in Beijing (and all around China) several years ago she was also involved in covert religious activity. She was strictly instructed by long-term residents which words she must not use, or break into pieces if used, so the Chigov search engines would not key in on them. They knew she was being watched, and so did she. She relies now on Whatsapp due to both-end encryption. I hope it works.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Global Times publishing video of Chinese BTRs (or whatever the PLA calls them) at Shenzen.

Also, posting a recap of the US "black hand" and the ramifications.

If the situation in Hong Kong further deteriorates, the central government won't turn a blind eye to the turmoil that the HKSAR government cannot handle. According to the Basic Law, the central government has sufficient measures and strength to quickly quell any potential chaos.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1160701.shtml

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The protesters have started using fire bombs...The ChiComs have been lining up business and associations to complain about the unrest.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There were molotov cocktails last week.

The PLA will be able to present an effective narrative that they were maximally patient.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    All flights were cancelled yesterday, half of today so far. They have internationalized the protest, it is no longer just a HK internal spat; they have labeled it terrorism. The protests and arrests continue. I'd expect the ChiComs to move this week and the HK Garrison to keep out of it. Same recipe as Tienanmen. After Tienanmen what consequences did they suffer? Harsh language maybe and an arms embargo that really seems to have held them back.

Also, President Xi's wife was the morale singer who cheered up the troops after the massacre.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    wait can asians be white supremacists

EB2ikX9X4AIFwWN.png

Top Bottom