• ...and so much more!
  • awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

One thing that has happened that makes me sick.. just sick is the total lack of respect for the position of President. When did it start to be ok for the less inclined to degrade and insult our commander and chief? I don't like President Obama, but I respect the title and position he carries. I can have civil discourse discussing his policies, and ideas, and I can vote against him. But these baseless attacks on charector, morality, and just calling him Hussein is total disrespect for the VOTE that your fellow citizens made, and shows disrespect for the country as a whole while he is the leader of that country. Is he the worst President ever? Hell no. Is he the best President ever, very very far from it. Is he still the COMMANDER AND CHIEF of the greatest nation on earth? YES, and still our leader until the Republicans can actually put someone up that can win. I didn't like President Bush equally to our current President but I never called him W. There was a time when we believed in Honor in this country, and could heatedly disagree with someone while still honoring the position they hold....

Thanks,
    Matthew

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    080409_obamajoker-tm.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    he's a public servant. Im a civilian. when did you get it in your head that The People have to bow down to a President? or any other public servant. They have mocked and disrespected the American People, not the other way around. not to mention I think the one who now holds the title isnt even an American citizen, and I also think he hates America. I dont Honor anything about that clown.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    he's a public servant. Im a civilian. when did you get it in your head that The People have to bow down to a President? or any other public servant. They have mocked and disrespected the American People, not the other way around. not to mention I think the one who now holds the title isnt even an American citizen, and I also think he hates America. I dont Honor anything about that clown.

HA!! Believe whatever you will it doesn't change what is. He is a American Citizen I believe congress voted to agree on the fact.. He doesn't hate America that is silly. You don't do everything he has done in communities, and take on the hard work he has without having something to believe, and love. That being said I think his vision of America is very very flawed, but to doubt his love or passion is to underestimate him. The most dangerous among us are the ones with the most conviction, love, and will. He has all of those things, and not to mention a brilliant mind. A brilliant rival and if Republicans think of him as anything else, or if republicans keep bringing up this super dumb birther issue they will never defeat him. The best thing for democrats that Republicans can do is continue to attack him, and his birth instead of issues.

Thanks,
    Matthew

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    HA!! Believe whatever you will it doesn't change what is. He is a American Citizen I believe congress voted to agree on the fact.. He doesn't hate America that is silly. You don't do everything he has done in communities, and take on the hard work he has without having something to believe, and love. That being said I think his vision of America is very very flawed, but to doubt his love or passion is to underestimate him. The most dangerous among us are the ones with the most conviction, love, and will. He has all of those things, and not to mention a brilliant mind. A brilliant rival and if Republicans think of him as anything else, or if republicans keep bringing up this super dumb birther issue they will never defeat him. The best thing for democrats that Republicans can do is continue to attack him, and his birth instead of issues.

Thanks,
    Matthew

I will agree to disagree. I getting ready to have a drink tonight myself.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Hello,

One thing that has happened that makes me sick.. just sick is the total lack of respect for the position of President. When did it start to be ok for the less inclined to degrade and insult our commander and chief? I don't like President Obama, but I respect the title and position he carries. I can have civil discourse discussing his policies, and ideas, and I can vote against him. But these baseless attacks on charector, morality, and just calling him Hussein is total disrespect for the VOTE that your fellow citizens made, and shows disrespect for the country as a whole while he is the leader of that country. Is he the worst President ever? Hell no. Is he the best President ever, very very far from it. Is he still the COMMANDER AND CHIEF of the greatest nation on earth? YES, and still our leader until the Republicans can actually put someone up that can win. I didn't like President Bush equally to our current President but I never called him W. There was a time when we believed in Honor in this country, and could heatedly disagree with someone while still honoring the position they hold....

Thanks,
    Matthew
    It's difficult to honor someone who doesn't honor the office himself.
    Bowing to Kings and other World Leaders shows his disregard for the office of President, and the prestige of the U.S.
    Announcing that our Military would be engaging in combat actions on foreign soil while visiting sunny South America is more proof that he has absolutely NO idea of how to communicate effectively with the American People.
    AND
    The fact that he is Commander In Chief of The Armed forces scares me to death!! :n00b:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    John Quincy Adams was called "The Pimp" by the Jackson campaign because he supposedly arranged an illicit meeting when he was ambassador to Russia.

The Adams campaign accused Jackson's mother of being a prostitute and claimed that Jackson was part negro.

William Howard Taft was accused of fathering a child out of wedlock, inspiring a popular song, something about "Who is my Daddy?"

James Polk was accused of branding his initials on slaves and selling them to finance his campaign.

Lincoln was portrayed as an ape in cartoons of the day.

I forget the details, but John Adams was mercillessly ridiculed.

How about Gerald Ford being made fun of on Saturday Night Live? Perhaps the most athletic man since George Washington to be President and he was portrayed as a bumbling klutz for what Chevy Chase later admitted was an conscious attempt to help Carter win the election.

Save me your outrage. This has gone on since the first cavemen held an election. And 19th century politics was much much dirtier and more insulting than anything we've seen in our lifetimes.

History - it'll give you perspective.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have little to no respect for any politician, no matter the office they seek or hold. Lust for power is not something I think should be respected.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    President Obama has been a dismal failure in his office. His administration has failed at economic policy, foreign policy, and domestic policy. He is most likely the worst president in the history of the United States. In my opinion, his failures are not due to his race, his religion, or his bad choices of cabinet members. They are due to his utter lack of experience in serving as an executive, diplomat, and/or statesman. America has been short on leadership for many decades, Obama is a product of that. He can't lead, he doesn't know how.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    President Obama has been a dismal failure in his office. His administration has failed at economic policy, foreign policy, and domestic policy. He is most likely the worst president in the history of the United States. In my opinion, his failures are not due to his race, his religion, or his bad choices of cabinet members. They are due to his utter lack of experience in serving as an executive, diplomat, and/or statesman. America has been short on leadership for many decades, Obama is a product of that. He can't lead, he doesn't know how.

All true.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have little to no respect for any politician, no matter the office they seek or hold. Lust for power is not something I think should be respected.

QFT.

Public office should be mandatory and rotational. And the office holder should be held to account for their actions afterwards. Laws and legislation, within the framework of a constitution, should be what the populace votes on.

Too bad it'd never work...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The truth is, I'd treat him with the utmost respect if I met him. Disagreement and political trash talk is the American way, though, and my humble opinion is to each his own. I couldn't disagree more with his policies or positions, but I still would treat him with respect as a fellow American. I do believe politics is a much nastier business than it should be, and I look for representatives and leaders who treat all with respect and who restrain their tongues.

Having said that, I don't think it is true that historically people treated the President or the office with more respect than they do today. You can go back to the earliest days of the Republic to see that it was as venomous and disrespectful as the worst of today.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    OP, you should be bowing down the the federal reserve chairman, because thats really who runs America now. the federal reserve owns congress (bought and paid) and the president. I bet the president cant use 2 sheets of toilet paper without calling the federal reserve chairman and getting permission. thats the real reason he has a phone in his bathroom.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Don't get me wrong; as a human being I expect he's an OK sort. Probably not really in my social circle, but decent enough to have a beer with. I'm fairly certain all politicians are nice enough as human beings once you strip away the politician part. It's the politician part that I dislike, and the office they hold is entirely contained within that part.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Don't get me wrong; as a human being I expect he's an OK sort. Probably not really in my social circle, but decent enough to have a beer with. I'm fairly certain all politicians are nice enough as human beings once you strip away the politician part. It's the politician part that I dislike, and the office they hold is entirely contained within that part.

+1

Top Bottom