• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The Pikes Peak one is the craziest to me. I don't know how many of you have driven to the top of Pike's Peak like i have, but there are some a lot of spots where if you get off the road a bit its falling to your death pretty much. I know I was white knuckled most of the time just doing the speed limit, much less flying up the road and drifting every corner.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    oh man, this one is a little closer...

[video=youtube_share;D6V66Ol8axc]https://youtu.be/D6V66Ol8axc[/video]

I think if he could hook up it would be a lot closer

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    haha, dangit. I got beat to the punch again :laugh:

That truck has some serious power. Be cool to see it on full trim where he's got another 400hp and I think they said an additional 600lb/ft of torque.

Last edited:

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    From who.

From the Hoonigans. Maybe sandbagging isn't totally accurate, but the sentiment is the same.

The video of the '66 Nova somewhat demonstrates this. The Nova wins the first race, then out comes the laptop. A few clicks later, the Nova loses the next race, by a decent margin. For a no-prep track, that Nova did a great job of putting power to the ground. On many levels, the Hoonicorn is almost unbeatable. It's definitely a one-of-a-kind project.

Full disclosure: I've met Ken, and his family. They genuinely seem like very nice people. I'm a Hoonigan fan. I think they have a very talented team, have created some very cool projects, and the production quality of their videos is high.

I enjoy the videos quite a bit. I just feel like some of the racing is manipulated for production value. Working in the entertainment industry, I get it. Just my observation, maybe accurate, maybe not... I'll continue to watch, and enjoy them. :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    From the Hoonigans. Maybe sandbagging isn't totally accurate, but the sentiment is the same.

The video of the '66 Nova somewhat demonstrates this. The Nova wins the first race, then out comes the laptop. A few clicks later, the Nova loses the next race, by a decent margin. For a no-prep track, that Nova did a great job of putting power to the ground. On many levels, the Hoonicorn is almost unbeatable. It's definitely a one-of-a-kind project.

First race was 500ft and the Nova ate him off the line.
    2nd & 3rd run was 1000ft

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    First race was 500ft and the Nova ate him off the line.
    2nd & 3rd run was 1000ft

Agreed. I was really surprised the Nova hooked, with no-prep. I expected tire smoke for days. I think the Hoonicorn would explode if they attempted a prepped track.

I understand all the dynamics at play, turbo lag, race length, etc. The Nova definitely seemed to running hard, as evidenced by a spun bearing, or whatever bottom end damage occurred. The Hoonicorn seemed to pull much harder on the second run. Maybe there's no manipulation. It really doesn't bother me either way. As I said, I enjoy the videos, and have a lot of respect for the Hoonigan team. :)

Top Bottom