• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From the Hoonigans. Maybe sandbagging isn't totally accurate, but the sentiment is the same.

The video of the '66 Nova somewhat demonstrates this. The Nova wins the first race, then out comes the laptop. A few clicks later, the Nova loses the next race, by a decent margin. For a no-prep track, that Nova did a great job of putting power to the ground. On many levels, the Hoonicorn is almost unbeatable. It's definitely a one-of-a-kind project.

Full disclosure: I've met Ken, and his family. They genuinely seem like very nice people. I'm a Hoonigan fan. I think they have a very talented team, have created some very cool projects, and the production quality of their videos is high.

I enjoy the videos quite a bit. I just feel like some of the racing is manipulated for production value. Working in the entertainment industry, I get it. Just my observation, maybe accurate, maybe not... I'll continue to watch, and enjoy them. :)

In this who among us that actually races dose not make adjustments as the day rolls on and actually sand bags. If you are a bracket racer you always hold back an ace or trump card. Always.

That Nova looked to be geared 1/8th mile but I could be wrong and man that is a nice car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I think back when my son was driving our 69 Camaro he was a master at putting the dial in on the window. He could tell me inside a very narrow margin (and I mean narrow .002 usually) and he never lifted. He drove it out the back side WOT. Nose never fell playing the line. Every one hated to race him for this reason.
    Me, hell yes I sand bagged and I had a N02 button just because. But the boy, he was brutal.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    In this who among us that actually races dose not make adjustments as the day rolls on and actually sand bags. If you are a bracket racer you always hold back an ace or trump card. Always.

That Nova looked to be geared 1/8th mile but I could be wrong and man that is a nice car.

Understood, and agree with the comment about the Nova. Beautiful car, my favorite year, looks to be very well put together. Felt bad when he broke it...

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    ...he never lifted. He drove it out the back side WOT. Nose never fell playing the line. Every one hated to race him for this reason.

Earlier this fall, I had the opportunity to watch a guy wad up his car (78 Camaro, I believe) into the left lane wall. Stood on the brake right at the line in an effort to avoid break-out. Unfortunately for him, it resulted in his car sustaining severe damage that will probably not be cost effective to repair.

Top Bottom