How are you going to cook turkey this year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    I see why you got rid of the Weber now Cory. Deep frying one and doing a turducken in the oven. Wanted to smoke one but don't have a enough practice yet. Always have the Christmas dinner for that.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I used to like turkey leftovers. I would just eat them cold either on a sandwich or just plain. My Dr. said I had to quit that real fast though. You could even say I quit....real suddenly.

:joke:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I see why you got rid of the Weber now Cory. Deep frying one and doing a turducken in the oven. Wanted to smoke one but don't have a enough practice yet. Always have the Christmas dinner for that.

Yeah, I fired it up for the first run yesterday. I fit 3 large pork picnic roasts and a rack of pork spare ribs in it. Definitely couldn't get that much in the Weber! I ended up with 13lbs of pulled pork.

IMG_1214.jpg

Gonna be some good eatin around here come dinner time!

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive been frying a turkey for probably 10 years now. This year Im doing it a little different. I got an indoor fryer with an electric immersion heater, a timer, and a thermostat. No more gas, no more going outside, and uses about 1/3 the oil.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    This is the first year I am cooking ( over 20 years) a turkey and it will be the old fashion way in the oven. We have a 3 day show at the Holt Rd Armory on Thanksgiving weekend so I wanted some leftovers so I would not have to cook every night after the show. :D
    I will probably be sick of turkey by the end of the weekend but the dogs will love it.:D

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Soak mine in brine overnight, then about 3 hours on the Weber. Used to deep fry but tried it on the Weber 3 years ago. Now the family will not let me do it any other way.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    We buy ours smoked from Uebelhack in Mt. Vernon. Farm fresh and really well done, my wife loves the fact it is one less thing to cook. They do a wonderful regular turkey for those who want to cook. Any one down here should give their turkey a try.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I just found out this morning that I'll be cooking the turkey this year. I have only done this one other time. It will most likely be cooked in the oven.

My question is: What is the best seasoning to inject it with? My family can be a bit finicky so jalapenos aren't an option. Thanks in advance for your input!

Top Bottom