• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    "These are not the droids you are looking for..." Does the Jedi mind trick work on voters?

Do those people really believe we are all that stupid? And why isn't voter fraud a felony? That's actually being enforced???

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    "These are not the droids you are looking for..." Does the Jedi mind trick work on voters?

Do those people really believe we are all that stupid? And why isn't voter fraud a felony? That's actually being enforced???

You could try asking Illinois election officials that, when they said they were going to give Michelle Obama a pass after she violated election laws by campaigning in a polling place.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    After reading the article (and several others on the same story), I'm inclined to believe that this is a combination of sloppy programming and people who can't figure out how to work a touch screen.

I expect the candidate's name is in the same spot as the language choice button on the previous screen, and the coder did not insert a pause for the voter to remove his finger. Couple that with a person who thinks "touch screen" means "jam your fingernail into it as hard as you can" and you end up with something attributed to malice which should be attributed to simple incompetence.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Oh, I forgot about that. I'd guess there's fraud in Indiana elections, but I'd say it can't be as bad as those 'blue states' where corruption runs rampant.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes and No scutter01. Not all people are up-to-date on the modern wonders of technology (ie. touch screens) so I could seniors or those that don't like techonolgy and/or avoid it having trouble with it. It's not that they are incompeten it's just they have not mastered or have very little knowelegde on how a touch-screen works.

Do agree that better programming (ie. pauses, etc..) can make the touch screen better to use and perhaps over time we will see this as the tech develops.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes and No scutter01. Not all people are up-to-date on the modern wonders of technology (ie. touch screens) so I could seniors or those that don't like techonolgy and/or avoid it having trouble with it. It's not that they are incompeten it's just they have not mastered or have very little knowelegde on how a touch-screen works.

Do agree that better programming (ie. pauses, etc..) can make the touch screen better to use and perhaps over time we will see this as the tech develops.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

I've been a big advocate of open-source voting machines for a long time. Too many of our electronic machines have way too many gapingly-huge security holes, but because no one but the manufacturer is allowed to see the source code, it's sometimes impossible to verify that votes were cast accurately or that there was no funny business involved.

I think voter fraud is extremely likely in many cases. I just don't think that's the case here. Pre-filling the vote (and only for some people) seems like a really ham-handed way of doing it.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Our elections are really turning into one big farce. Military votes may not be counted in many states because the democratic attorneys general did not go through the required process to get them in on time. Voters can be publically intimidated by black panthers sporting clubs and para-military garb. Machines automatically vote democrapic. Polling sites run out of republican ballots. Ballots are re-counted and always seem to come out differently than originally and always in the favor of the democreep. Dead people and illegals vote and vote often for democrapic candidates. Republicans stand around with their fingers up their noses and take this crap from the democraps. How come the republicans always seem to loose the vast majority of the close races particularly when there is a recount????? Why aren't these irregularities investigated and the culprits prosecuted???? This high-road crap that the republicans supposedly take is getting their pansy butts whipped and kicked around by the liberals who think that the freedom of speech is only for the intolerant liberals. That is enough. My blood pressure and heart rate is rising when I think about what a joke our electoral process has become. Every votes counts----yeah, right!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It is curious that these "errors" are favoring the dems.

They're not. The linked article only gave half of the information. In SOME cases, when people selected "Spanish" as their language, the Democratic candidate appeared to have been pre-selected. When people selected "English", the Republican candidate appeared to have been pre-selected. This is why I think it was simply bad user-interface design. The buttons for language selection probably share the same screen space as the candidate selection buttons.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    machines for votes. no WAY fraud can happen, it's GOT to be stupid idiots pressing the buttons wrong. no one would EVER tamper with a voting machine even though it's super easy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    machines for votes. no WAY fraud can happen, it's GOT to be stupid idiots pressing the buttons wrong. no one would EVER tamper with a voting machine even though it's super easy.

Not even slightly what I said, but thanks for chiming in with the sarcastic comment. :ingo:

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    You've obviously never poll-watched in Center Township here in Indy.

Actually I have a couple of friends that run polling places. Heard stories of intimidation by Carson and his people that never made the news. They were gone before police showed up and the police reports disappeared. :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Actually I have a couple of friends that run polling places. Heard stories of intimidation by Carson and his people that never made the news. They were gone before police showed up and the police reports disappeared. :dunno:

Before her untimely departing (and by that I mean not soon enough), Ms. Carson made WSJ headlines with her election fraud activities.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Before her untimely departing (and by that I mean not soon enough), Ms. Carson made WSJ headlines with her election fraud
    activities.

Well then... it would appear her son (and I mean SOB) is following closely in her crooked footsteps. I've been asked to help work one of the polling places... not too sure I can take it calmly if they show up. :xmad: He brings henchmen... er... bodyguards when he makes an appearance. :n00b:

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well then... it would appear her son (and I mean SOB) is following closely in her crooked footsteps. I've been asked to help work one of the polling places... not too sure I can take it calmly if they show up. :xmad: He brings henchmen... er... bodyguards when he makes an appearance. :n00b:

Strange I have had the opportunity twice to work with him, and I never had to deal with henchman or bodyguards. Also guys, I disagree with many democrats and republicans but just because they disagree you wish death on them? Seriously? I think we need to grow up and learn something about civil discourse.

Oh ya and really there is not some giant conspiracy these problems happen on both sides a lot. You can simply google it and read all the stories... Watch out or the "man" might get you! It really helps however if you pull your tin-foil hat on a little tighter!

Thanks,
    Matthew

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Strange I have had the opportunity twice to work with him, and I never had to deal with henchman or bodyguards. Also guys, I disagree with many democrats and republicans but just because they disagree you wish death on them? Seriously? I think we need to grow up and learn something about civil discourse.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Matthew, you lied about what he said. He wished death on nobody. You are simply lacking in morals, honor, and character, and fabricated such a statement.

Why aren't I surprised that a leftist shows up a week before the election, supports a dishonest thug like Carson, and engages in character assassination while calling for "civil discourse." :rolleyes:

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Matthew, you lied about what he said. He wished death on nobody. You are simply lacking in morals, honor, and character, and fabricated such a statement.

Why aren't I surprised that a leftist shows up a week before the election, hasn't made a single gun related posting on a gun site, supports a dishonest thug like Carson, and engages in character assassination while calling for "civil discourse." :rolleyes:

I'm not a leftist by any means, I just posted some gun posts way before this one... Maybe go back and look at my account and all my posts? I am a um... let's see a commonsensist LOL. I was replying to him first, and then the post above his. No lies just read up...

EDIT: Here I will add the quote I am talking about because it may be difficult to read up.
    Before her untimely departing (and by that I mean not soon enough), Ms. Carson made WSJ headlines with her election fraud activities.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Last edited:
    Top Bottom