How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why did you Join ingo

• Total voters

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    BTW the Bacon that lonehoosier brings to the DNR/INGO family shoot in June is to die for.
    LOL :D I came here to find people to shoot with. Wanted get more involved with shooting sports and training. Most of my friends at that time weren't into that. I found out very shortly that the NWI INGO group was one of the best thing that happen to me. Some of my greatest friends are from here. It's nice to have a like minded group that I can lean on and learn from. Lots of great memory's and many more to come.

Thanks INGO,

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Classifieds, had NO impact on me joining .....

My brother told me I need to see what was going on .....

I had NEVER been on a forum B4 .....

took him telling me about INGO, 3-4 times .....

I took a look, and got 50 "decent" posts, and

bought brass and the like, I still have to buy a gun .....

That is going to change, in the near future .....

Had a LOT of good experiences, and have a lot of

shooting buddies .....

and several people I consider personal friends .....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Like others have said, I was searching the web for info on a few guns. INGO kept popping up. I had never been on a forum before so after lurking a few days, I joined.

I got some good advice on how to choose the handgun and used it. I had over 500 posts and just happened to see the pistol I wanted in the classifieds. I bought it.

But I stuck around and have made many friends and learned so much. If the classifieds went away, it wouldn't hurt my feelings though.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Like others have said, I was searching the web for info on a few guns. INGO kept popping up. I had never been on a forum before so after lurking a few days, I joined.

I got some good advice on how to choose the handgun and used it. I had over 500 posts and just happened to see the pistol I wanted in the classifieds. I bought it.

But I stuck around and have made many friends and learned so much. If the classifieds went away, it wouldn't hurt my feelings though.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When searching for information on guns, the Google-machine would periodically bring me to INGO, and then I started using it as an information resource. Also, at the time I had a professional interest in LTCH wait times, as I was on the other end of the issue, working directly with the guys who were trying to get them down from months to something more reasonable. After watching and reading, and being retired from ISP, I decided it was time to actually participate.

I did find one thing in the ads that I couldn't pass up; I needed (well, need is a strong word, I really wanted) a S&W 19 to replace one I lost in a divorce years ago. Other than that one purchase, the ads are something that I could take or leave.

The information available from the collective wisdom is invaluable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was introduced to INGO by (now banned) member j_wales. He and I both frequented the comment section of the Indy Star and found we had a similar interest in guns. As others have said, I've made some friends, both on and offline and am always learning something. I didn't know about the classifieds until I'd been around long enough that my post count no longer had any bearing. Became a site supporter just because I enjoyed the site and was happy to support it. I've since used the classifieds to both buy and sell, and without exception have always had a good experience. It's a nice little perk, but certainly not the main reason I come here. :ingo:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I googled up Indiana gun forum and it came up. I had little interest in the classifieds. I just thought it would be nice to talk to fellow Indiana gun people.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Our town was considering banning all firearms from the town hall. I came here for more information and was quickly labeled a troll. I guess I did not post fast enough for some of the regulars back then. I then heard the band. Yep, so I stayed. For the band.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I ended up here right after Sandy Hook. Looking for Pro-2A in Indiana will lead you here. I've met several fellow INGOers over the past 4+ years, there are good people here.

I wasn't new to forums, I was on an Air Force forum when I found INGO, I'm on a different AF-forum as KellyinAvon now. INGO's first name is Indiana so that's a really good thing (Hoosiers are good people.)

Classifieds: sold 1, impulse bought 2.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I was researching in order to purchase my first gun and get my LTCH. When I was doing Google searches, INGO kept popping up. I was on a national forum at the time and was getting, let's say, "less than polite" advice. So, the umpteenth time INGO popped up, I figured I'd join and ask the question here. I got some great responses which weren't aimed at putting down my lack of knowledge. So, I stayed here and stopped looking at the national forum at all. While, I have used it, the classifieds had nothing to do with my reasons for being here. Heck, I was so paranoid about being thought a "runner" that I'd periodically search the Race to 50 thread to make sure no one was putting my username in it!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I had a buddy who was a member since 09 and he had been trying to get me to join and I just didn't. What finally made me join was living out of the country for a year and having firearms withdraws and no one to talk to about them.

I think the pole sample will be skewed though. Few who are here for the classifieds will see or bother to respond to the thread. But it's still a good one.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I always had some sort of rifles and shotguns growing up but limited pistol or revolver experience and around 7 years ago I guzzled some kool aid that had me desperately wanting to know anything and everything I could about handguns. Surprisingly it then took me at least a couple of years of lurking and reading before I relented and signed up and got involved here. I have an extremely large family and a lot of friends and over the years they have begged and pleaded for me to start a Facebook page etc but INGO is basically all I have time for (social media, online forums, or otherwise)
    This is a great spot with lots of really great people. I'm content here.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was active on Gunbroker forums for a short while and liked it enough.
    There seemed to be lot of information about firearms, but very little about 2a legislation.

I went looking for legislative information regarding Indiana specifically.
    Gunbroker forum seemed to have virtually nothing.
    Then I found Ingo.

It was some time before I realized that the classifieds were there, but no time at all before I managed the requisite 10 quality posts needed to gain access to the classifieds.

I've used the classifieds quite a bit in the past. Not so much of late.

I enjoy Ingo enough without the classifieds that I have given away a few rifles to Ingo kids.
    Might be about time to revisit that idea.
    Independence Day is coming up fast.
    Stay tuned for further updates...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was active on Gunbroker forums for a short while and liked it enough.
    There seemed to be lot of information about firearms, but very little about 2a legislation.

I went looking for legislative information regarding Indiana specifically.
    Gunbroker forum seemed to have virtually nothing.
    Then I found Ingo.

It was some time before I realized that the classifieds were there, but no time at all before I managed the requisite 10 quality posts needed to gain access to the classifieds.

I've used the classifieds quite a bit in the past. Not so much of late.

I enjoy Ingo enough without the classifieds that I have given away a few rifles to Ingo kids.
    Might be about time to revisit that idea.
    Independence Day is coming up fast.
    Stay tuned for further updates...

:yesway:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I was researching a gun I wanted and google found this site with one for sale. I came over and started reading what I could about the gun. Started toward my 50 posts and paid the membership fee specifically so I could buy the gun, which I did.

I don't post a lot, but I have paid to be a site supporter since and clicked quite a few ads in that time frame. I have also learned a lot, taken some classes because, got into NFA and met a few people because of this site.

I check the classifieds every morning, then my subscribed threads and then the new threads.

Top Bottom