How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why did you Join ingo

• Total voters

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I only joined for the classifieds. Someone had a nice Ruger Bearcat that I wanted so I joined but then in the race to 50, while attempting to have good posts, someone else bought the pistol. I've stayed and I've enjoyed it. And I have not actually used to classify as to this point. The classifieds are now the annoying things that clog up my unread posts

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I use the classy's but not a lot.
    I do look through the non-firearms section daily. There is some neat and unique stuff posted up in there at times.
    The entire sound system in my shop was pieced together from that sub forum. It is deadly.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    LOL :D I came here to find people to shoot with. Wanted get more involved with shooting sports and training. Most of my friends at that time weren't into that. I found out very shortly that the NWI INGO group was one of the best thing that happen to me. Some of my greatest friends are from here. It's nice to have a like minded group that I can lean on and learn from. Lots of great memory's and many more to come.

Thanks INGO,
    Yeah. AND you got to know Jedi. Hmm...Is that a positive or a negative?:dunno:
    :):

LongGun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Columbus
    I came for the shooting sport info, ended up seeing classifieds and wish I had 50 posts sometimes. However, I see the reason for the rule and respect it. Its nice to know people are on here for more than making a buck or two, and actually genuinely want to help others or just talk about guns in general. I had a hard time finding where to go shoot around Indiana when I moved here so this has helped out a lot.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Same as so many; I didn't even know there were classifieds. Ironically, I discovered them because I was accused of being on the race to 50 and wanted to know what they were talking about.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I didn't even notice the classified forums until I had been a member for a few months. Although I have collected firearm for many years I still learn a lot from the forums here. I did buy some ammo a year or so ago, never put anything up for sale. Most of my firearm purchases are made from personal contacts, my builds or at gun or pawn shops. Very rarely trade or sell any firearms. Usually buy ammo in bulk or a gun shows. Do scan the reloader and parts sale forums but haven't found any deals there I can't live without yet!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought this was a dating site. 9 years in, still with no friend requests, I realize this site is about guns. Mostly. Sometimes. Ok, occasionally about guns.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    No influence, although when I joined I had just made the 10 post requirement and they upped it to 50 which was annoying as I had just spotted something I was interested in at the time. Turns out the seller was a total dick so didn't buy it anyway.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I didn't realize there was a classifieds section until a few weeks after I joined. I originally signed up just keep tabs on the LTCH wait time thread post Sandy Hook.

It took me 16 weeks to get approved and the interaction here during that time was enough to keep me around.

Same here. Learned alot just lurking around.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    When I joined in 2008, I didn't know you could buy a gun without going to a store, so it had zero impact on my decision to join.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Found this site by accident while looking for lgs.
    Still no friends.
    Not a big fan of bacon (sorry bout that).
    Don't like Glocks.
    Bought once.
    Lurk alot.
    And i've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
    Does that define a misfit?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    A guy I work with was/is a INGO member and he kept mentioning it to me off and on for awhile so I went and checked it out. Now...here I am ...still.:ingo:

Top Bottom