How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why did you Join ingo

• Total voters

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I joined to sell a gun. Stayed for the magic that is INGO. Learned a lot, and not just about guns. There's bourbon and cigars too.
    I lived in IN at the height of the Brady/Manning rivalry/competitive era. That was fun.
    That was back when you needed 10 (15?) quality posts to use the classifieds. I'll get there one of these days

Last edited:

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    My story is much more complicated. I hate posting when someone else posts the same info or response as what I would. In other words, I won't post a response if someone else has given one that's the same as mine. I could just post "ditto," but I find that redundant.

INGO is VERY active compared to the other boards on which I participate. If a post goes up, I often don't see it for a few days or a week. By then, half the shooting population of Indiana appears to have weighed in for the fight.

I recently moved back to Indiana and joined INGO when I did (I seem to recall that I may have been part of this board back around the late 90's, but it may have been another board, entirely. . .old age and ****).

This time, yes. . .I did join it primarily for the classifieds. Before moving back, we lived in Colorado and until State Law banned private sales of firearms without a background check, I participated quite frequently in a similar board out there. Doing so here seemed natural.

So, while I like to participate in other areas, seldom do I do so because others have usually posted what I would have. Therefore, most of my actual participation is in/around the classifieds.

The Professor

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Google pointed me this way, subject matter kept me checking back, finally decided to get out of the shadows and join. Looked at all the post areas while I was lurking, even went through the classifieds. Sometime after I had my 50 in I saw a For Sale post on something I was interested in. Made the deal and kept reading and posting. Lately, no money, no buy!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    He stopped at 48... I think he's hoping to slip by and sit at 48 until something he want's comes along... then he can make 2 more posts to reach 50 unnoticed.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I kind of hate mentioning runners in other threads unless they are in that thread because it spills over into a mini-runner thread and derails it for a while. End result is multiple micro runner threads all over the place instead of one. Those that don't want to participate in the runner thread don't have to visit it. With these micro discussions it subjects many more to it in places it shouldn't be. That's one good reason to have it back. The other major one is the entertainment value. :D

Top Bottom