How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why did you Join ingo

• Total voters

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    As for the original post, I didn't care either way about the classifieds- may not have had the 50 post rule then, don't recall. Mainly looking for reloading/shooting tips. Have bought a few things over the years, and have always felt i could trust fellow ingoers a bit more than the general public. I have not been disappointed. Gotta wonder why some long time members complain about newbies posts, when many of their own multi- thousands of posts are pointless emoticons/emojies with maybe a quote from another member attached- that, to me, is a non- quality post

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I kind of hate mentioning runners in other threads unless they are in that thread because it spills over into a mini-runner thread and derails it for a while. End result is multiple micro runner threads all over the place instead of one. Those that don't want to participate in the runner thread don't have to visit it. With these micro discussions it subjects many more to it in places it shouldn't be. That's one good reason to have it back. The other major one is the entertainment value. :D

Entertainment is nice, but I'm sure there were more than a few butthurt people who were accused of running.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Gotta wonder why some long time members complain about newbies posts, when many of their own multi- thousands of posts are pointless emoticons/emojies with maybe a quote from another member attached- that, to me, is a non- quality post

Because we've made our 50 and then some. :):

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Entertainment is nice, but I'm sure there were more than a few butthurt people who were accused of running.

I'm sure there were a few. Profiling isn't perfect. Usually when it walks like a duck & has a beak then it's a duck. Occasionally it's just someone taking a selfie though. There was quite a bit of entertainment in the thread outside of the runners though.

Sorry for the :hijack:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    As far as the OP I didn't come here for the "classy's" :rofl: . I came here for the information.
    Dan

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This thread was intended to help new people to see why the majority of us are actually here.

I sometimes wonder how many of the listed members who have not been back in years were run off because some thought they "might be" runners.

I was treated badly when I first came. I made the mistake of saying something that was taken the wrong way. I was gleefully negative repped into oblivion.

I quit and vowed never to come back. Then I got mad and fought back. I appealed to the mods amd Scutter01 Posted that I had done nothing wrong and removed all the negative rep.

Since then I have enjoyed my time on INGO.

This thread was supposed to be positive. If you want to be negative go someplace else.

Mods if it is not too much trouble would you please remove the negative posts.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    This thread was intended to help new people to see why the majority of us are actually here.

I sometimes wonder how many of the listed members who have not been back in years were run off because some thought they "might be" runners.

I was treated badly when I first came. I made the mistake of saying something that was taken the wrong way. I was gleefully negative repped into oblivion.

I quit and vowed never to come back. Then I got mad and fought back. I appealed to the mods amd Scutter01 Posted that I had done nothing wrong and removed all the negative rep.

Since then I have enjoyed my time on INGO.

This thread was supposed to be positive. If you want to be negative go someplace else.

Mods if it is not too much trouble would you please remove the negative posts.

I agree... every non original topic post since #124... even mine.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    A place I took a couple of training classes suggested INGO. I honestly didn't realize they had classifieds until I had been signed up for a while. INGO was the first forum of any kind that I signed up for.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not get all the contention over the classifieds. Why do so many think that free classified ads are a right? I operate on the belief that INGO is not my site, so I follow the owners rules as well as I can.

Gunbroker.com and a few others are for people who have a side business in firearms. I have bought and sold only a few things here since 2011. I understand people with things to sell that do not want to participate on a Bulletin Board. Rather than take offense, just use the commercial classified site, no social interaction is needed.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I do not get all the contention over the classifieds. Why do so many think that free classified ads are a right? I operate on the belief that INGO is not my site, so I follow the owners rules as well as I can.

Gunbroker.com and a few others are for people who have a side business in firearms. I have bought and sold only a few things here since 2012. I understand people with things to sell that do not want to participate on a Bulletin Board. Rather than take offense, just use the commercial classified site, no social interaction is needed.

Because people think EVERYTHING is a right. At least for them, not for others.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    After reading a number of posts in this thread I'm in the minority. Not sure how I found INGO but I was looking for a specific gun and found one here in the classifieds. I was fortunate that the seller had done a YouTube review of it and I made contact with him via YouTube.
    I have membership on quite a few gun sites but I tend to pick one I like and stay there. This is the place! Classifieds have not been a big part of my time here. I've sold/traded maybe 4 guns and bought/ traded for about the same number.

Matt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2016
    danville
    As all can see, I'm in no hurry to reach 50. I'm on here everyday, but unless its something I have knowledge in I don't post. I do look at the classifieds, interesting stuff sometimes.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    As all can see, I'm in no hurry to reach 50. I'm on here everyday, but unless its something I have knowledge in I don't post. I do look at the classifieds, interesting stuff sometimes.

Don't let a little thing like not knowing what you are talking about stop you from posting about a subject. That's what makes threads interesting.

Top Bottom