How did you exercise your 2nd Amendment Rights this week?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Similar to the "What have you done to prep this week?" thread in the Survival Section, I thought this would be a good question/topic to have a thread about.

I am curious what you other members have done to exercise, secure, fight for, etc your 2nd Amendment Rights this week?

Yesterday I sent another round of emails to my reps about proposed AWB and magazine legislation. This included sending four different letters through the Congress.org – Get informed, get involved link and also the Ruger form letter through the Ruger - Take Action Now! page. I also sent letters to my State reps asking for their support of SB0130, the Firearms Freedom Act.

Last night I open carried my G17 at Hooters in Castleton where I met a friend of mine to discuss the current political happenings and what not. I also had a brief discussion on gun control and statistics with my girlfriend as well.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hell, it's the only exercise I got this week. Most weeks come to think of it:dunno:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You would think with the almost hundreds of emails I have sent, and also the letters I have mailed, I would have received some sort of response by now...

Don't hold your breath. I have only gotten the canned reply from Donnelly and somehow got on a list to receive Coats' weekly email propaganda.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Today

I exercised my 2A right to bear arms by purchasing another rifle from another Law abiding citizen,
    from an INGoer at that!!
    :ar15:

:patriot:

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Openly Carry. After the Sandy Hook shooting...I have had many people come up to me and ask me about firearms and such. More people are taking an interest.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well, I unsuccessfully tried to find some ammo, does that count?

On another note, we are taking my 14 year old brother-in-law out tomorrow for his first shoot. I'm hoping that teaching him proper handling and respect for firearms might open him to the positives of gun ownership. He's got plenty of years before he can even vote and longer until he can own a pistol, but I'm hoping that the experience is positive for him and that when he does become an eligible voter, he will understand the significance of the second amendment and will vote accordingly.

jrlj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    2nd

Carried every day, informed a anti what the 2nd amendment was really about and bought some ammo and a new gun

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    I talked to my brother in law about buying his first handgun and when we're going to go shopping for it (he's always had rifles and is now seriously wanting a handgun for personal/home defense). Also, I have my sister in law ready to go shooting for the first time in her life as soon as weather permits.

OC'd all weekend, too. I think it's a public disservice letting people believe that they are safer without guns when in fact they are actually safe because they are surrounded by law abiding gun owners. I feel like I've covered mine up for too long hoping not to rattle the emotionally infirm, and have done so at the expense of emboldening their ignorance. ...and the big .45 just belongs on my hip. It deserves to be out where it can do some good and not be wedged in between my pants and underwear... nothing deserves that...

Top Bottom