• Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How did you propose to your wife?
    Or how did your husband propose to you?

Just curious and would like to hear what happen and how. :)

Also if you can tell us how long ago it was.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Over the phone from about 6000 miles away 14 years ago. I saw her all of about 3 weeks of our 1 year engagement. I'm such a hopeless romantic.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We'd known each other for a few years, but hadn't dated seriously and she was engaged when I went off to the Army. When I came back home on leave while in flight school, she was no longer engaged and we started dating. Five months later, after she had pinned on my Aviator wings, I asked her to marry me and she said yes. Two months later, April 15, 1972, we got married. I don't know why she didn't divorce me years ago, but I'm grateful every day that she hasn't (yet).

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i'm not married, but my grandpa has a pretty cool story. he grew up around the Ford Madel A. he has owned them his whole life and loves working on the. he put the ring around the choke of the Model A and told grandma if she wanted to be his wife she had to know how to get the ring off.. and she did!
    i always thought it was cool and unique.. if you know anything about these cars it's not that hard to get it off, but it was for grandm age 19!

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I had to ask my wife. She said 32 years ago, I asked her at my house on a Saturday night. I said was I drunk ? ........................ The swelling in my eye should be going down before work tomorrow. No one should notice. :D

Last edited:

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Just decided while driving to ask her. So I pulled in a parking lot got in the bed of my truck for my tool box. I then pulled out my linesman pliers and some tie wire and shaped a ring out of the tie wire. I then jumped back in the truck and just asked her. She said yes and we just celebrated 10 years a couple of weeks ago.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I proposed to my wife five years ago. We went to Christmas at teh zoo with her parents. I gave them a camcorder to use and towards the end got down on my knee in front of one of the best looking trees there and proposed while her mother recorded it.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    We dated for about 3 months after being AOL buddies for over a year. We had just gotten a new pup and took her with us to go down town Fort Wayne to see the Santa Sleigh and decided the time was right. She teared up and said yes. That was December 99.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    On the edge of a volcano. that way if she said no i could throw her in ;)

actually it was a beach and then a volcano, but she always says the beech, i guess she liked that part of the 2 part proposal better, LOL

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Backstory.....

When i was going to buy her ring, i told her i was going gun shopping. She was on the phone with some friends of ours, and took it upon herself to tell her friend that i was going to shop for a gun. Just as i was about to leave, she came running out and told me that the friends husband she was on the phone with was looking to buy a gun also, and he was on his way to go with me. :n00b: So being the nice guy i am, we went to the gun shop first, then to the jeweler. :D

On my daughters 9th birthday i wrapped the ring and told my daughter when she got to that present, to let her mom open it. (Daughter was in on it) We had all of our family and friends there for the party. She was more than suprised, that was 6 years ago.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    On a ski lift at night. Wife almost dropped the white box into the white snow below because she was so excited. I had to take it back from her until we got back on the ground just to be safe.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    First date was on November 17th.
    In mid December, proposed in a very romantic location -- the kitchen of my apartment.
    Got married January 17th -- two months after the first date.
    That was 31 years ago!
    Man, I KNEW she was the one!
    Time sure flies when you're having fun!

Top Bottom