• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I can't for the life of me get my husband to quilt with me. I mean we have a whole room in the home devoted to crafts, he can quilt whenever he wants! I did get him to work on the new dress with me so I am past that obstacle.

But getting him to quilt is not working out. He only helps with the project about once a year when the whole family gets together for the the finish quilting part.

I want to teach him how to quilt and then move on to the embroidery aspect so he can get a new Singer and have his own sewing machine.

ANY and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can't for the life of me get my husband to quilt with me. I mean we have a whole room in the home devoted to crafts, he can quilt whenever he wants! I did get him to work on the new dress with me so I am past that obstacle.

But getting him to quilt is not working out. He only helps with the project about once a year when the whole family gets together for the the finish quilting part.

I want to teach him how to quilt and then move on to the embroidery aspect so he can get a new Singer and have his own sewing machine.

ANY and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:D

do it naked.

Well played... both of you!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    The problem is that men are naturally good quilters, and he doesn't want to show you up.

Oh, that was sarcasm? ...... Never mind.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    you gotta be fast here to get the comment you want in! (also take into account the crowd your asking about this, likely high alpha male population on a site with "Gun Owners" in the name...Just saying.

It seemed like the only logical answer to me.:dunno:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Honestly like said above..... my wife can get me to do about anything with her that I hate because she gives me the proper......... "motivation"........ But if there is a race on or a fight on TV nothing will get me away from the TV........

Just being honest.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Simple...make these:

VanDerRee_DogsAndBeer.jpg

2962563305_2c216f0bef.jpg

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    How about for every time he helps you make a quilt, he gets a day at the range or golf. But you might want to listen to what Indymonkey said when you ask him.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    do it naked.

ROTFLMAO LOLOLOLOL :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

That's exactly what I was poised to type when I saw your comment at the bottom.

I'll just add if that doesn't work, invite her friends over and every one do it naked and you won't be able to keep him out of the room.

Men are SOOOOOO easy to understand.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    do it naked.

This is pretty much the answer to all questions that begin with "How do I get my husband to join me"? regardless of the activity in question.

Want your husband to pay bills with you, wear nothing but a necktie and some thigh highs with your reading glasses.

Want your husband to help with the dishes? Hand him a towel while you prop yourself up on the counter beside the sink wearing nothing but those elbow high rubber gloves and some matching galoshes.

Want your husband to do more yardwork? Oh wait... that might get you arrested....

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How about for every time he helps you make a quilt, he gets a day at the range or golf.

Turn in your man card, that is totally whipped. "gets"?!!!:noway:

Women already have ALL of one thing men want most and half of every thing in takes to get that one thing. Now you'd give one say so on when you shoot or play golf? Do tricks like a trained poodle to get her to "let" you?

Hang your head in shame.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Turn in your man card, that is totally whipped. "gets"?!!!:noway:

Women already have ALL of one thing men want most and half of every thing in takes to get that one thing. Now you'd give one say so on when you shoot or play golf? Do tricks like a trained poodle to get her to "let" you?

Hang your head in shame.
    He is already making quilts, I figured he is already trained. He best do everything he can to save with his buddies before they find out about his quilting skills.

Top Bottom