• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    This is becoming another NFA Timeline thread. :)

Paid: 10/8

Plastic LTCH received: 11/10

I was getting concerned as well that it was taking so long, as earlier posts had indicated that it was only taking a couple of weeks. Apparently, word is getting out now and a lot of folks are willing to pony up the 20 bucks for a new one.

And, FWIW, my plastic LTCH does NOT have my original issue date on it, but the date that my request for a duplicate was processed.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Paid: 10/5
    Received: Still Waiting

Spoke with Debbie at ISP a couple of times. Somehow Aries had put my app in a "funky state" and it has been sitting in "Pending ISP Approval" for over 4 weeks now. She assured me the app has been corrected and should be processed early next week. She blamed it on bugs in the new system. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Any time you roll out a new system there are always bugs you encounter that you didn't test for.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    FWIW, my plastic LTCH does NOT have my original issue date on it, but the date that my request for a duplicate was processed.

After reading this I went back and looked at my new plastic license. Mine still has my original issue date.

digijock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Beech Grove
    Ordered duplicate on 10/21. As of 11/17 no email, and no card. I called to inquire about status, got bounced around a few different people, and finally was told "they haven't gotten to those yet".

I also noticed that on the ariesportal status page, under my street address, it says "COUNTY" - just "COUNTY". Not a specific county (I was expecting "MARION COUNTY"). I wonder if that is a glitch that others have experienced?

I sure wish the status page would indicate "pending" vs. "mailed/completed" - it provides no clue that I can see as to whether or not it was ever finished (in case of lost or misplaced mail, etc.) - calling didn't really provide a conclusive answer to that question, so I can only assume it was not yet mailed...

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I submitted my order on 10/5 and my status still says "Pending ISP Approval". I've been talking to ISP and they are blaming everything on bugs in the new system. Last Friday I was assured that my application was ready to be processed and should have been processed early this week. As of 4:30 this afternoon, I'm still pending. so I sent another e-mail right away. This is so frustrating!!!

digijock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Beech Grove
    I submitted my order on 10/5 and my status still says "Pending ISP Approval". [...] As of 4:30 this afternoon, I'm still pending. so I sent another e-mail right away. This is so frustrating!!!

When I first applied for my lifetime permit in 2012, it took maybe 3-4 months to get processed. I don't recall precisely, but it was agonizingly long. I found out from ISP then that all of the applications were getting funneled through just a couple people who were dedicated to processing them. There was also a huge backlog already in the thousands - like more than 10000, ahead of me. So I just kept waiting patiently, and feeling a bit bad for the few people that had to pore over thousands and thousands of applications. Finally, one day it did arrive.

In the past 6 months I've encountered an unusual number of people who either ask me about getting a permit, or mention that they are going to be (or already have) applied. I am suspecting that the volume of applicants is again at a large backlog (purely speculation there - I haven't got any actual figure on that from ISP now). But if they've told you that you're near the top of the queue and being processed, that's a really good sign.

I've been waiting for my plastic duplicate card now for a month, and the process of making plastic cards may be related what's holding your license back at this point. I have a feeling that the problems that have occurred, or technical difficulties being resolved, might be why even simply getting a duplicate is taking a month. The plastic card thing is new since October, so again I'm trying to be patient. Eventually though, getting a duplicate shouldn't be a lengthy process, IMO. If you've lost your wallet, it would be pretty urgent.

I sent an email (to a specific ISP address as instructed by phone) to get more info, and never got a response back even after several days. Sounds like they're still pretty swamped.

Hang in there.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :scratch:

Anyone applying for a DUPLICATE should show "approved" immediately. This is really no indication of when you'll receive the plastic card. The "pending local approval" and "pending ISP approval" only apply to those applying for new licenses.

The wife and I applied within a day of each other, mine a duplicate and hers a new application. Mine showed "approved" as soon as I paid.

Top Bottom