• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Aren't they now doing a repeat background check for the duplicate plastic card? Thought I saw that on the website.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Applied the first week of October (with an address change). Still waiting.

As of today:

application_zps5ee57eeb.png

STILL ​waiting

If I had to speculate, I'd say that it's my new address. It kind of exists, kind of not because the road name is not a for a county road. The post office recognizes it, and it's on my drivers license, but it's on a private road.....we'll see.

Last edited:

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I carry mine right underneath my DL. Got no reason not to.

I know it is not required but the law also says that the burden of proof is on you for proving you are exempt from the no carry law in Indiana. It also says that if you are arrested you are to be freed and all records of your arrest wiped once you produce a LTCH. That leads me to believe that you should carry your LTCH.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Anyone know how long it takes to get the plastic duplicate?
    I applied for my duplicate 2nd week of january...nothing yet

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I just applied for my LTCH and paid the ISP, and then the ISP website gave me two choices pay someone take my prints and file electronically, or got to my county sheriff get printed.....I wanted to save $11.95, so I went to the local police and was told that I HAD to pay, and get electronically finger printed.....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH what's the deal here? So I have an appointment to be fingerprinted (paying $11.95) and then do I have to pay more money to the sheriff?

hawkns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2015
    Elkhart County
    I just applied for my LTCH and paid the ISP, and then the ISP website gave me two choices pay someone take my prints and file electronically, or got to my county sheriff get printed.....I wanted to save $11.95, so I went to the local police and was told that I HAD to pay, and get electronically finger printed.....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH what's the deal here? So I have an appointment to be fingerprinted (paying $11.95) and then do I have to pay more money to the sheriff?

IIRC, that last page indicates that the non-digital printing may not be available at your local PD/Sherrif Dept., and to call them first to confirm. Definitely annoying, but I am pretty sure they do let you know on that page to check first. :rolleyes:

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I received an email today to verify my address and the system has been updated. 5 weeks and a follow up email from me just to register an address change.

STILL ​waiting

If I had to speculate, I'd say that it's my new address. It kind of exists, kind of not because the road name is not a for a county road. The post office recognizes it, and it's on my drivers license, but it's on a private road.....we'll see.

I decided to go ahead and order the duplicate. Can't do it. Even though my address has been changed in the system, my status still says Pending ISP Approval.

I am in communication by email with "Debbie" at ISP to resolve this matter. I have included all previous emails and she is still confused, thinking I have already ordered a duplicate. Standby for further....

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I got a phone call from the ISP today. On mine, there was some sort of snafu that resulted in my application being set aside for further review. That has been cleared up now and I've been told I should have the new one shortly. I think it was very nice of the ISP to call me personally and explain the situation. Snafus will happen from time to time and looks like they have handled it well.

Top Bottom