• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    My truck won't start. I turn the key, and it clicks once. I tested the battery, it's fine. I checked the wiring, and found a spot where it had been a little melted by the exhaust manifold. I replaced the wire with a new one, and the same problem: one click. Can I have someone try to start the car and lightly tap the starter solenoid? Or is there a way to hook up jumper cables to it directly? Bridge the gap with a key? Any help would be appreciated.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    I can get ya outta jail,but I`m no mechanic!

Pretty sure most auto places,they have to be removed to be checked:dunno:
    Far from positive tho.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    You have no way of towing it? No friends/family with an automobile capable of pulling it?

Don't the front wheels need to be off the ground to tow it? Pardon my ignorance...I suppose we could just hook a tow rope up to it, and I'll sit in it and steer, but I feel that is rather... not a good idea.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Don't the front wheels need to be off the ground to tow it? Pardon my ignorance...I suppose we could just hook a tow rope up to it, and I'll sit in it and steer, but I feel that is rather... not a good idea.

I don't know the law, but I've towed someone with a tow rope about 45-60 minutes from his house and passed countless LEO without an issue...Hell, we painted "Car in tow" on his rear window and were followed by a cruiser for a few minutes before he/she turned off.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I don't know the law, but I've towed someone with a tow rope about 45-60 minutes from his house and passed countless LEO without an issue...Hell, we painted "Car in tow" on his rear window and were followed by a cruiser for a few minutes before he/she turned off.

Oh. Seems to me like there are too many variables, namely involving stopping and starting again. I would imagine it would be rather "jerky" due to both drivers not braking/accelerating at the same rate. I could always give it a try though.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011

They`re pretty cool about it they know times and $`s hard!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Oh. Seems to me like there are too many variables, namely involving stopping and starting again. I would imagine it would be rather "jerky" due to both drivers not braking/accelerating at the same rate. I could always give it a try though.

Braking is done by the driver of the TOWED Vehicle...
    Accelerating of course is being fone by only the TOWING Vehicle...

The trick is for the Driver of the TOWED Vehicle to keep the Rope, Chain, Strap, etc, etc... tight...

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Braking is done by the driver of the TOWED Vehicle...
    Accelerating of course is being fone by only the TOWING Vehicle...

The trick is for the Driver of the TOWED Vehicle to keep the Rope, Chain, Strap, etc, etc... tight...

That is simply ingenious... except when coming up to a stopped light in traffic, you better hope the towed-car-driver has a good sense of distance! :):

Top Bottom