How do people with out hearing deficits do it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kind of hard to explain But at this point I struggle to understand where sounds are coming from etc . My wife says welcome to the world.
    I feel you. Some nerve deafness and I'm OK until there is background noise. Then God help me.

Today we did (whats left of) my family's Thanksgiving. My Aunt's best friend came to visit from Iowa for the week and I was informed that if we did our Thanksgiving they would have to come or my Aunt wouldnt (not malicious). I wholeheartedly welcomed them... I just had to shift a mile west and hold it at our church's fellowship hall due to space issues. (which I think we are going to do regardless from now on... SOOOOOOO much better than at my house)

We are all sitting around chatting and at one point politics came up and my older sister's BF who is a DiD (Democrat in denial) corrected my sister when she called him a Democrat. He denied it and claimed he is an Independent and even pulled the "I used to be a Republican somethingorother" (precinct chair? voting observer? whatever...) The dude parrots the Democrat line. He argues using 110% of their talking points. But he's not a Democrat. :rolleyes: I think he is embarrassed to be associated with them. Which is understandable since a coherent adult in their early 60s should be intelligent and mature enough to have outgrown the flawed logic of a twentysomething idealist attitude.

And it was glorious a couple weeks ago when I joined them on a field trip to Old 55 distillery. On the drive up I was in a SUV with them and another Libertarian. I was able to sit back for once and let the other guy dismantle his arguments on the hour drive. It was pleasant, but informative tag teaming. Once again many of the pie in the sky ideas he proposed were debunked, and he acquiesced on most, and we found some middle ground. Or so he claimed. I can say with certainty it was only lip service because if I get into the same arguments again, he will "forget" the flaws of the social programs he said make them untenable, and go back to supporting them.

Top Bottom