• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Based on 19 years of evidence, I am apparently not afraid of looking bad at a shooting match. It is a real thing, though. It's also a reason why some try it once and never return.

Yep
    And what people don't realize is that as long as they are safe everyone is there to have a good time and that there is no better group of people to be around to get information and support from
    if they ask for it
    Plus there are people on here like Coach that offer training specifically designed for competition shooting and he holds the league shoots that are a great opportunity to learn about shooting stages and the cost is extremely reasonable.
    Basically what I am saying is quit making excuses that are not really valid

(edited to add that if you are not safe we will beat that into you)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Yep
    And what people don't realize is that as long as they are safe everyone is there to have a good time and that there is no better group of people to be around to get information and support from
    if they ask for it
    Plus there are people on here like Coach that offer training specifically designed for competition shooting and he holds the league shoots that are a great opportunity to learn about shooting stages and the cost is extremely reasonable.
    Basically what I am saying is quit making excuses that are not really valid

(edited to add that if you are not safe we will beat that into you)

A couple of weeks ago I shot in my first IDPA match. I was actually quite surprised at how welcoming and friendly almost everyone there was. They were appreciative that I came early to help with set up and I was appreciative of their help and friendliness.

It was quite a shock considering the personalities of most of the competitors that populate this forum.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A couple of weeks ago I shot in my first IDPA match. I was actually quite surprised at how welcoming and friendly almost everyone there was. They were appreciative that I came early to help with set up and I was appreciative of their help and friendliness.

It was quite a shock considering the personalities of most of the competitors that populate this forum.

I'm really surprised at the latter statenent, to be honest. I'm really not sure where that perceptuon would come from.

Comp guys are usually more than happy to share, demonstratw and welcome (for free, no less) which is more than can be said of certain tactimmy types that won't demo something even if you pay them several hundred bucks.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You probably realize this Rob, but I was kidding (well, mostly).

heh. What I realize is that my android tablet has the worst spell check ever, and I should not rely on it for anything.

In any event, welcome to the gamer community. ;)

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis

Well your first problem is going to an IDPA match. I hear everybody is leaving IDPA for USPSA due to crazy rules

Hehehehe...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well your first problem is going to an IDPA match. I hear everybody is leaving IDPA for USPSA due to crazy rules

Hehehehe...

I could see where that would be a problem. I plan on doing USPSA as well. This was just the first match that came up and at this point I just wanted to do some competition shooting, the details didn't matter. USPSA are the fourth weekends of the month, close.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I claim the title of Indiana's #1 conduit for funneling IDPA shooters in USPSA. The first few I lured have in turn lured more . . . it's almost like I planned it.

I like to do both (depending on the IDPA club), but if I had to choose one, it would one it would be USPSA. Anything you can do in IDPA matches you can do in USPSA. The reverse is nowhere near true. As cedartop mentioned, just being able to carry your gun the way you normally do is far more compromised by IDPA than USPSA. I used appendix carry and concealment and loaded my G17 to standard capacity (sometimes a little more) in USPSA most of last year.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. :dunno:

maybe....

he wasn't using a front sight, he was using a dot. So the eyes are focused on the target and the dot at the same time. While I would assume he meant he was calling his shots/hits off the dot, sometimes on close targets when using a dot you can't help but see the hole on the paper....

-rvb

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I love how this always becomes about what people can't do
    -I can't see that fast
    -I can't spend that much time
    -I can't spend that much money
    -I can't travel that far to a match
    3/4 ain't bad. I still can't see that fast.
    bunch of BS
    everyone can see that fast, how sight works for him is the same for you- light doesn't travel any faster for him or me than it does for the next person, it is knowing what you need to see
    -1 match a month is 3-4 hours tops, you waste that much a week or day screwing around here on the forums
    -most already have what they need to go to a match and try it. It doesn't take custom built guns and gear to go to match
    -gun ranges cannot be at the end of your block, and here in Indiana there is a Match every Sunday starting in March usually with in 1 hour drive time for most people around the state, all you have to do is look

What most people can't do is admit that they are afraid of going and looking bad, what they don't realize is that none of us give two ****s about that, as long as you are safe.

if you are happy going to the range and shooting 50 rounds a month at target with no competition, no one there to see you, no being timed then good for you, keep having fun, but don't come on here saying, I can't I can't I can't....simple fact is you won't you won't you won't
    and as for gamer guns, gamer loads, gamer comments

Yes it is game, a competition, with rules that have to be followed, mostly for safety reason
    and it allows for different types of guns set up in different configurations, and those division compete against each other. You show up with a Glock 17, Uncle Mikes holster and 4 mags you are shooting against people with similiar gear. You want to shoot Open and get the benefits of Optic sights, compensators and 30 round mags there is a division for that and you are only competing against them. Got your dads old 1911 in a closet, dig it out there is a division for that. Only have a S&W revovler....well there is a division for that.
    Stop standing on the sidelines and giving excuses as to what you can't do, sack up and come shoot a match.

As I saw on a shirt at a match, somewhere far away and expensive, "You can make excuses or you can make ready."

Top Bottom