• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why do you not participate in Second Amendment rallies?

• Total voters

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I did not vote in the poll. Not to sound unpatriotic, but I feel that the venue is wrong.
    I have been spending way to much time on the net lately trying to stay abreast of the current goings on and I have seen no pending anti gun legislation in Indiana, please let me know if I have missed something.
    Our battle is at the federal level, and if none of our senators and congressmen are going to be present, I really do not see the point. Our time would be better spent by pounding on them unrelentingly by all means available!
    If we want to do battle at a state level, lend whatever support we can to our brethren in Illinois and New York state where the roots of tyranny are deep.
    I also do not support the display of longarms at such an event, longarms are for use, not posturing,rest assured if the time for use should come, God forbid, I will be there, this is not it. Carry your signs proudly, but I would leave the rifles home.
    As always just an old man and his opinion. Flame suit on!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I did not vote in the poll. Not to sound unpatriotic, but I feel that the venue is wrong.
    I have been spending way to much time on the net lately trying to stay abreast of the current goings on and I have seen no pending anti gun legislation in Indiana, please let me know if I have missed something.
    Our battle is at the federal level, and if none of our senators and congressmen are going to be present, I really do not see the point. Our time would be better spent by pounding on them unrelentingly by all means available!
    If we want to do battle at a state level, lend whatever support we can to our brethren in Illinois and New York state where the roots of tyranny are deep.
    I also do not support the display of longarms at such an event, longarms are for use, not posturing,rest assured if the time for use should come, God forbid, I will be there, this is not it. Carry your signs proudly, but I would leave the rifles home.

I think there is a fitting option in the poll for you.

I hope the flame suit is not needed and I really appreciate your honesty.

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Didn't vote because I can't get there. Otherwise I would totally come with my WASR. :)

It's still a good idea though imo. Lets people know that there's plenty of fellow Hoosiers who believe in their rights. Plus, perhaps some of us can't make it (for whatever reason) to states that need more support.
    Pretty sure rifles aren't just used for self-defense. :)

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County

I appricate your honesty, however I do disagree because many states have passed bills either in favor of the 2A like Wyoming, and others have passed bills against like New York. Indiana has a pro 2A bill that is in need of a sponsor right now as well as a few anti 2A bills. Its our fight period, state and federal! I will be able to look at my grandkids in (hopefully) 30 yrs and know when I am teaching them to shoot that I fought for those same rights I have today!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Have been to several rallies in my life time and protest...I think there needs to be a presence that says I am willing to stand up for what I believe in. In other words, put up or shut up!

Because there's no other way to seek redress for grievances than standing around a public building with signs??????

I'd argue it's the least effective unless you actually plan on using the tar and feathers and the people you are addressing know it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I did NOT vote, because there isn't a choice that I would vote for. Saying that, I think it is funny, there are 7 voters, and 3 pages of comments. I did NOT read the whole thread, just the first page. :twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I would really like to see more organization. Would be wonderful if we could invite one, two, or half-dozen of our pro-2A senators and state reps like Donnelly, Coats, Rokita, etc, and have them address the people attending the rally. That would certainly attract even more media attention. I am not sure how to go about doing that, but maybe one of our lawyer members would be more familiar with how to get some invitations out to our Senators and State Reps.

This right here! ^^^^

To add to that;
    - A www presence that isn't a social media login only site for the main page.
    - A moderately elaborate website with definitive home page mission goal, location, parking, suggestions/requirements/rules.
    - People you recognize taking charge and making decisions.
    - Support from local gun organizations and businesses.
    - Support from major national gun rights organizations.
    - A public relations person/committee who actually does PR.
    (non-gun folks should be coming to us gun folks asking about this from seeing/hearing the promotion EVERYWHERE.)
    - Flyers, posters, billboards, commercials everywhere.
    - Local news interviews scheduled daily for the week prior to the event.
    - Daily e-mail, txt message, www newsletters with updates/signup info/links
    - Daily YouTube promo videos

Last edited:

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You forgot the option of: I work for a living and cant afford to take off of work.

Allow an edit if you don't mind: "I work for a living and millions on welfare are dependent upon me working, therefore I cannot afford to take off work for all my dependents' sake." :n00b:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I am more concerned with my employer finding out that I so avidly support a cause of anything more than anything else. There are severe penalties at my place of employment for exempt level employees that don't "clock-in" when they are seen in the media. More than a fair few have been terminated for just being seen and for speaking their opinions. The company maintains that as an exempt level employee you are a representative of the company regardless of if you make the affiliation known or not and as the company has very strict public media policy it's played its hand rather aggressively against employees it believes has violated that policy.

Now understand this company has fed me, clothed me, and put a roof over my head for over 12 years, it's also underpaid me and overpaid me. It's famous for lobbying the government and doesn't want those efforts thrown away by its employees so it protects itself by silencing them with the threat of termination which given the pay and benefits is a substantial threat that has proven to be most effective for them. Anyway until I can remove myself from their collective boot heel I won't be safe being seen at any public events that might garner media attention.

Perhaps it's cowardice in some people's eyes but I do what I need to for the sake of my family and support you that attend in other ways as best I can.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    My wife, my son, and I are all going Friday. This could certainly be larger, more organized, and while I would love to see an ocean of law enforcement, military, and the entire firearm community out here in force, it's probably going to only be 400 or 500 of us freezing our @sses off while some Fox59 lib reporter tries to pull aside the craziest looking person for a street side interview.

That said, for me this is about presence. They have pushed too far. The tv's are being turned off, the boots are getting tied on, and push back is beginning. I will not sit idly by and let them manufacture false consensus. Calling themselves the representatives of the toiling majority and us the fanatics. Acting like the NRA is some tiny, marginal elitist lobby and that MAIG is a public service organization. I will not sell off my son's future nor will I sit quietly by while it is stolen.

So, I will be at this one. I will be at the next one. And as to whatever else we can come up with... I'll be there too. Guns, no guns, nerf guns, those little guns that shoot tiny marshmallows, billboards, bull horns, whatever...

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Come back to "Bite Me"?

I am definitely Pro Gun and wish to live my life under the Constitution, with all the rights it spells out.

In this day+age I really do not trust our Government. I'm sure, if they (Govt) wants, there are plenty of "Facial Recognition" type of things left over from the Super Bowl.
    I just do not want anything Government initiated to come back+bite me in the arse..Bill.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I did NOT vote, because there isn't a choice that I would vote for. Saying that, I think it is funny, there are 7 voters, and 3 pages of comments. I did NOT read the whole thread, just the first page. :twocents:

That's how it goes. ;)

I didn't vote because I am going. You should have put that option in.

I'm not concerned about those going. There are two other threads for those people to voice their opinions.

This right here! ^^^^

To add to that;
    - A www presence that isn't a social media login only site for the main page.
    - A moderately elaborate website with definitive home page mission goal, location, parking, suggestions/requirements/rules.
    - People you recognize taking charge and making decisions.
    - Support from local gun organizations and businesses.
    - Support from major national gun rights organizations.
    - A public relations person/committee who actually does PR.
    (non-gun folks should be coming to us gun folks asking about this from seeing/hearing the promotion EVERYWHERE.)
    - Flyers, posters, billboards, commercials everywhere.
    - Local news interviews scheduled daily for the week prior to the event.
    - Daily e-mail, txt message, www newsletters with updates/signup info/links
    - Daily YouTube promo videos

Burl, I suppose the lack of focus and organization is keeping a great deal of people away who are not working or have other commitments. We all have different personalities and some people do not engage themselves in things they believe may not turn out well because the details are not addressed.

Thanks for your input.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not talking about people with obligations, just those who are opposed for some reason. Lack of organization may be a major concern for others and that, along with the reasons I have listed, are legitimate concerns.

I'm not trying to get anyone tarred and feathered.

Count me among those that are not opposed but have not attended any, so far. It just seems the timing is never right.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am more concerned with my employer finding out that I so avidly support a cause of anything more than anything else. There are severe penalties at my place of employment for exempt level employees that don't "clock-in" when they are seen in the media. More than a fair few have been terminated for just being seen and for speaking their opinions. The company maintains that as an exempt level employee you are a representative of the company regardless of if you make the affiliation known or not and as the company has very strict public media policy it's played its hand rather aggressively against employees it believes has violated that policy.

Now understand this company has fed me, clothed me, and put a roof over my head for over 12 years, it's also underpaid me and overpaid me. It's famous for lobbying the government and doesn't want those efforts thrown away by its employees so it protects itself by silencing them with the threat of termination which given the pay and benefits is a substantial threat that has proven to be most effective for them. Anyway until I can remove myself from their collective boot heel I won't be safe being seen at any public events that might garner media attention.

Perhaps it's cowardice in some people's eyes but I do what I need to for the sake of my family and support you that attend in other ways as best I can.

I am definitely Pro Gun and wish to live my life under the Constitution, with all the rights it spells out.

In this day+age I really do not trust our Government. I'm sure, if they (Govt) wants, there are plenty of "Facial Recognition" type of things left over from the Super Bowl.
    I just do not want anything Government initiated to come back+bite me in the arse..Bill.

A properly organized event would have provisions for covert participation along with overt. Lots and lots of behind the scenes work could make for a much more successful event than has ever been seen.

The same could be said for setting up a system for financial support. Even well negotiated, billboards and commercials are spendy.
    I personally am not one to be "guilt-ed" into anything. However, I could see tossing $10-$20 at something I could trust but not attend.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

If you want to live your life under the Constitution, with all the rights it entails, then I wouldn't suggest you sit around and do nothing. Now, I'm not saying going to a rally will do anything (its better than nothing), but if you choose not to go because you live your life in fear of the Government, I would hope you are doing something else to help preserve these rights you wish to keep. Hopefully you have written your elected officials already. And if you have, don't you think you would already be on a list somewhere if they were planning on coming after you?
    As for me, I refuse to live my life in fear. If I let my fear if the Government dictate my actions, then they already control me. Give them that control, and they have already won.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I need another option... Time. I can not take off of work to make weekday rallies or I would be there.

Top Bottom