How do you haul your mountain bike in the back of your pick-up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marine2f3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Really? Dude its a bike and a truck. Here let me give you detailed instructions. Open the tail gait, put the bike in the back and close the tail gate. DONE.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Really? Dude its a bike and a truck. Here let me give you detailed instructions. Open the tail gait, put the bike in the back and close the tail gate. DONE.

I admire your honesty sir, albeit blunt. I can appreciate someone playing "devil's advocate."

I used to just do that. That is the simple, common sense approach; throw them in the truck and go... But I got tired of untangling our bikes and bending/mending spokes. You see, I may ride a 10+ year old, cheap bike, but that doesn't mean I can't want to take care of it. Plus I haul my fiance's bike when we ride together. She paid for her bike with her hard earned money, so I respect that and care for her property as well. The only reason my bike is 10+ years old, cheap, and I continue ride and care for it is because I appreciate it. It was a gift from my Brother in Law. The fact that he gave me a bike was really cool. He's a great guy, a great husband to my sister, and a great friend.

I'm upgrading (finally) to a brand new bike next month. I'll be darned if it doesn't last me 10+ years also. Simply put, because I take care of my stuff, regardless if it's just a bike, a truck, or a gun.

Top Bottom