• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    The time has come for me to get a shotgun but the thing is want to stash it somewhere in my room loaded. What techniques do some of you guys use to stash long guns? I don't have any kids in the house.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not sure what sort of closet you have. I have a long gun covered by a towel on a shelf that is just below my hanging clothes. Looks just like there are shirts and slacks hanging there, with a couple of plain old towels on the shelf.

I've also seen where folks stand the gun upright in between a few shirts hanging in a closet or armoire.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana

Mine stands beside the headboard barrel down next to the nitestand with my Glock on it. Glock goes with me when I leave. Don't need to hide it. My wife knows where it is and the dogs can't get to it.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3cFSgVGw0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3cFSgVGw0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I dont know how to embed video.
    BUT this seems pretty reasonable

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3cFSgVGw0I]YouTube - The Bedside Gun Rack[/ame]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had a hidden room in my bedroom that only my builder and wife knew about.

These days with "kid-in-college" and wife with The Lord, having my self protection firepower in the open, hidden in plain sight is no problem. That is except if you try to break in while I am home! Locked up when I am gone.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I bet you can't spot my super secret hiding spot

4120498137_2559cd251d.jpg

Did you find it?

Not having kids rocks :D :woot:

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have the clock from sportsmans guide for a hand gun it works great. My girlfriend has the picture frame for hers I think it is even less noticeable I just saw the long frame in my new issue and would like to have it for my HD shotgun but for now it is in my top dresser drawer.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Here is another inexpensive idea, the gun grabber. A simple mount. You can mount behind cloths in your closet or behind a curtain in your bedroom.

The Gun Grabber

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    FAST Holster!!! I bought one of these at a 1500 about two years ago. It is amazing and they have changed the design and made it even better. It is a magnet that is covered in a plastic so it wont harm your firearm. The display at the 1500 is pretty cool and they mount shotguns on these without a problem. Send them an email good guys to talk to. This will allow you to mount it at basically any angle ANYWHERE you can think of. Welcome

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    $5.00 at menards gets you a 10 pack of ruber coated hooks and pegs. the kind you put in your barn to hang hose,cords,cains ,and such. screw in the 2 u hooks to the studs on the inside of your closet above the door and hang gun. easy cheap and the kids cant get to it but yet you can quickly. you can also use magnets. just get some strong ones (a few bucks)and glue them to a 1x (in spots that work for the gun in use)then screw the 1x in the same spot in the closet and then put the gun to the magnets and they will do the rest. the magnets work great for the bed as well!

the hooks work best for long guns magnets work best for pistols!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I had a hidden room in my bedroom that only my builder and wife knew about.

These days with "kid-in-college" and wife with The Lord, having my self protection firepower in the open, hidden in plain sight is no problem. That is except if you try to break in while I am home! Locked up when I am gone.

I would be interested in details, but only if you are no longer in the house. I don't want you giving away secrets you may need later if you still live there.

If you are still there and it would not cause problems how big of a room are you talking about? Is it secret as in looks like any other wall?

Once again don't say anything you aren't comfortable with, but you have peaked my interest.

Top Bottom