Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I would suggest this:

Homack In-The-Wall long gun safe

41MU8I1DQWL._SS500_.jpg

It is only 17" wide and fits as flush as can be. You could install this and hide it behind a bookcase, or put it in your closet and use a trench coat or two to hide it. There is no good way to hide anything for the most part. If they start tearing stuff up (drawers pulled out, etc.., it might be found). Using this safe would give you some additional theft protection, but if they think you are gone for hours, they will eventually gain entry to the safe as well.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I would suggest this:

Homack In-The-Wall long gun safe

41MU8I1DQWL._SS500_.jpg

It is only 17" wide and fits as flush as can be. You could install this and hide it behind a bookcase, or put it in your closet and use a trench coat or two to hide it. There is no good way to hide anything for the most part. If they start tearing stuff up (drawers pulled out, etc.., it might be found). Using this safe would give you some additional theft protection, but if they think you are gone for hours, they will eventually gain entry to the safe as well.
    Throw some "Danger: High Voltage" stickers on that and your good to go! We don't have any kids, so I have way too many loaded firearms around. But the coated hooks above the closet work well for me too. unfortunately, I've run out of closets!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Mine stands beside the headboard barrel down next to the nitestand with my Glock on it. Glock goes with me when I leave. Don't need to hide it. My wife knows where it is and the dogs can't get to it.

How do you keep your Glock on the shotgun? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Mine is usually behind the window to floor curtain next to the bed.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    our inside bedroom door opens toward a wall and has a 3" lip before the wall starts, so my shottie sits there in comfort, seen only to anyone who is there with the door closed!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    If you've no kids, why bother to hide it all?

But, in all seriousness, another good idea is within the doorframe.

Hardly anyone checks there, and it's right there easily accessible, and if you modify it just slightly, it's almost impossible to notice without prying off the board covering the spot, but also easily removed. Board off, piece in your hand, cocked and loaded.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Mine stays behind the bedroom door. I don't have any kids so no worries but my first line of defense is the 357, point, close eyes, shoot. even if i miss an intruder will be blinded long enough for me to bludgeon him with the fire extinguisher.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I thought about building a shelf above the back of the sliding clost door. It would not prevent someone from stealing it but it would be out of the kids reach.

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife likes to decorate for season, holidays and for whatever, it's kinda rubbed off on me.
    Right now mine is beside the bed and it is lookes like a fall cornstalk with my handgun of choice in a punkin at the bottom

After Fri. I'll hang some Christmas lights off it and wrap it in tinsel maybe a candy cane or two and put the HGOC in a stocking for Santa..............

Top Bottom