• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penneyeugene

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2014
    I'm learning to shoot and probably next year, I'd be allowed to carry. Thanks for the suggestions on this thread. I'm bookmarking this for future references.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    I use a flashbang and i love it. Its not for everybody, but its concealed completely which is important at my job. Nobody can see or take it and its easy to be aware of. Not many fashion restrictions either

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Any ladies other than JetGirl that carry IWB at four o'clock-ish? My wife thinks that's an odd location to carry.

It seems awkward to me, but different things work for different people. I prefer somewhere around 2:30. There's a sweet spot just in front of my hip bone that my LCR seems to fit into nicely.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Any ladies other than JetGirl that carry IWB at four o'clock-ish? My wife thinks that's an odd location to carry.
    Not quite that far back. More like in between 3 & 3:30.

It seems awkward to me
    It probably would be if it was that far behind/around...but it's more at the side than behind. Pretty much where you'd grab a waist band to pull your sweats up or something. Right about that spot. No extra reaching or torso twisting to lay a hand on the grip.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That makes sense when you say it's closer to 3:00. By the time you get to 4:00, you almost have to rotate your hand thumb-out to grab it, which seems unnatural to me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

My wife likes that as one of her growing number of options... For her clothing we found that as she lost weight it became easier to conceal at ~4:00-3:30 so body type and clothing choice play a big factor.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Zombie thread! But it's for a good reason. My wife is looking for a gun belt. It's not necessarily for EDC, just for at the range. However, she doesn't want an ugly belt. Are there any feminine options when it comes to gun belts?

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This is a good thread to bump once in a while. Much better'n most of the Zzombie threads.

Thought for a second that Jet was back. Gotta get up to Churubusco one of these days. Miss her.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Zombie thread, I carry an LCP every day (except while hunting or otherwise unable to carry at all) in a Galco Ankle Lite ankle holster. I have a belly band, Flashbang and pocket holster for the same gun but the ankle holster fits my life and wardrobe the best. I don't wear skirts or dresses or skinny leg pants. I wear cargo's so the ankle holster disappears. When I'm hunting or doing some other "gun event" like teaching or holding a TWAW meeting, I OC an XDm in a Blackhawk serpa holster at apx 330-4 with an adjusted cant.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My girlfriend carries on her belt appendix with a small gun and holster... It's the best way IMO.

Nate if you wife is still looking for a belt I would recommend her checking out some belts that are maybe marketed for riding horses. They can be much more feminine for her and yet still be a super sturdy leather belt as good as or better than any gun belt.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Are there any local stores that carry some of these non-belt holsters in stock, where a person could try on some different styles before choosing which one they want? I hate ordering things online only to find out when they arrive that they don't fit or aren't comfortable.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Are there any local stores that carry some of these non-belt holsters in stock, where a person could try on some different styles before choosing which one they want? I hate ordering things online only to find out when they arrive that they don't fit or aren't comfortable.

It's hit or miss from what I've seen. I picked up a flashbang at Target Sports in Sheridan (but didn't try it on until I got home) and my ankle holster from Cabela's (bargain cave, their holster selection is pretty standard IWB or OWB). My suggestion would be to purchase from companies that have good return policies...or be prepared to have a box of holsters in the closet (or maybe try to sell the holsters you don't like)

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I found a couple booths at the last gun show that had what I was looking for. Got to try 'em out before buying. Next show is January, might be a great excuse to get her to go with you. :rockwoot:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, the better 2/3's is after a clip on belt holster too.
    And same deal, definitely does not want to order something without hands on.
    We need to go to a big show.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Berne
    I carry in an " in the belt holster. It is comfortable and thoroughly concealed. I would not advise an ankle holster. The farther you have to reach to get to your gun, the greater the chance you won't get to it in time. Also if it is on your person, it is less noticeable than reaching somewhere away from you.

Top Bottom