• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    I am a 5 foot 3 inch "plus-sized" woman. I have been carrying on body for almost a year. I do have two concealed carry purses that work well in some situations, but am now mostly carrying on body.

My original gun is a Model 38 J-frame 38 that my father gave me probably 25 years ago. I mostly use a Flashbang bra holster. Revolver a good choice for that holster as explained here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXluce4xdgg. Clothing and need to deep conceal are the reasons for choosing this option on a particular day. I also was given a Pistolwear holster Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle. that fits either gun and works under dress pants with no belt. I also have a Betty holster from Well Armed Woman, but I don't use it much now.

I also now have an M&P Shield in 9 mm. I really like the Crossbreed Minituck and wear it at about 3:30-4. I have it riding high enough to get a full grip on it to draw. Lays nice and snug against my torso. I use this most often when not in dress clothes.

I wish I could wear appendix or maybe crossdraw but it just does not work so far. the butt sticks out with my shape. Plus being on the short side my "chest" seems to get in the way during drawing. Maybe I can figure out something for in the car sometime.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife is wanting a carry purse. One that is made for carrying.

The only one I have experience with is a Coronado. They are not cheap, but they have a GREAT lifetime warranty and are very well made. If I ever buy another one, it will be another one of theirs.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    My TWAW co-leader (and INGO member) has a CC purse (I believe Gun Totin' Mama's) that she got at a 1500. It came with the wrong size holster inside so she contacted them and they sent her a new one. So she'll have a holster insert for either her current carry gun or the gun she's ordering from me soon. The purse is to ease her husband into the idea of her carrying.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope

Michelle Goff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crawfordsville
    Hey everybody, I realize this thread was started awhile back, but thought I'd add how I carry. I purchased a cross-body CC purse from Amazon (Purse King brand) that I really like. The only person who knows it is a CC is my husband. Everyone else has just complimented the bag. I am trying to find a wearable holster that fits me and my lifestyle so I don't always have to carry a bag. Still searching for the "perfect" one.
    [h=1][/h]

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey everybody, I realize this thread was started awhile back, but thought I'd add how I carry. I purchased a cross-body CC purse from Amazon (Purse King brand) that I really like. The only person who knows it is a CC is my husband. Everyone else has just complimented the bag. I am trying to find a wearable holster that fits me and my lifestyle so I don't always have to carry a bag. Still searching for the "perfect" one.

I have the Trump Card Mini, and it is very comfortable under my clothing. It solves the problem of not wearing clothing that accommodates a belt.

Scroll through all of the pictures to see how versatile it is.

Concealment holsters. Comfortable, versatile for subcompact handguns. Start carrying in comfort! | Pistol Wear

Michelle Goff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crawfordsville
    Thank you, Snapdragon! That looks intriguing. Lots less bulky than most of the other belt and holster combos I've checked out. I like the fact that it can be worn on different areas of the body. Appreciate the link!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I recently got a S&W Shield (rebate + sale made me grab one). I think I'm going to try out a Can Can Concealment hiphugger holster, but wonder if a kydex hybrid is the better way to go. I haven't decided where I want to carry yet and I like the multiple position options of the hiphugger.

I'd appreciate any tips!

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I recently got a S&W Shield (rebate + sale made me grab one). I think I'm going to try out a Can Can Concealment hiphugger holster, but wonder if a kydex hybrid is the better way to go. I haven't decided where I want to carry yet and I like the multiple position options of the hiphugger.

I'd appreciate any tips!

I have a Can Can and it's comfortable, but actually more trouble to put on than a kydex hybrid, and it does not stay put as well and it does not offer the same type of consistent draw. I can pull the trigger through the fabric, I don't like that at all. A holster should protect the trigger IMO. It does fill a niche for outdoors type of stuff where wearing a kydex hybrid and belt don't work well with athletic clothes. The Can Can definitely fits and works better for me than a belly band made for men. IMO it's pricey for what it is, but that's the breaks, it's a small company with a small market I suppose, and they need to charge what they can. I use it with a smaller gun than the Shield when needed, but it hasn't replaced a kydex hybrid as my EDC.

The multiple carry options on the Can Can don't work great for me. The only places it conceals well is in back, basically the same place I'd put a hybrid. It's sort of ok in appendix but only with a baggy sweatshirt or something. The only thing I can really appendix carry with is a small kydex hybrid and a gun the size of a Glock 42 or Sig P938. I can't conceal the Shield in appendix carry. The thinness of it is really nice but the length doesn't work for me. I am not short, but I am short waisted.

I hate wearing belts and I have tried many different holsters that don't use them, but in the end I always come back to the kydex hybrid. There are newer styles of clips for the hybrids that can work without a belt, but when I use them they still don't give the security and draw of a belt+clip. I purse carry with a Crossbreed Purse Defender, too, in cold weather with heavy coats on it's much easier to draw from my purse than under my long coats.

Flagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    N/A
    It doesn't work with every outfit, but my wife appendix carries a Shield when she can. Dale Fricke Jonathan holster. No special gun belt, but it works for her.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I have a Can Can and it's comfortable, but actually more trouble to put on than a kydex hybrid, and it does not stay put as well and it does not offer the same type of consistent draw. I can pull the trigger through the fabric, I don't like that at all. A holster should protect the trigger IMO. It does fill a niche for outdoors type of stuff where wearing a kydex hybrid and belt don't work well with athletic clothes. The Can Can definitely fits and works better for me than a belly band made for men. IMO it's pricey for what it is, but that's the breaks, it's a small company with a small market I suppose, and they need to charge what they can. I use it with a smaller gun than the Shield when needed, but it hasn't replaced a kydex hybrid as my EDC.

The multiple carry options on the Can Can don't work great for me. The only places it conceals well is in back, basically the same place I'd put a hybrid. It's sort of ok in appendix but only with a baggy sweatshirt or something. The only thing I can really appendix carry with is a small kydex hybrid and a gun the size of a Glock 42 or Sig P938. I can't conceal the Shield in appendix carry. The thinness of it is really nice but the length doesn't work for me. I am not short, but I am short waisted.

I hate wearing belts and I have tried many different holsters that don't use them, but in the end I always come back to the kydex hybrid. There are newer styles of clips for the hybrids that can work without a belt, but when I use them they still don't give the security and draw of a belt+clip. I purse carry with a Crossbreed Purse Defender, too, in cold weather with heavy coats on it's much easier to draw from my purse than under my long coats.

Thanks for the input. I don't think the Can Can is for me based on this. I'm not comfortable with it being that flexible around the trigger. Looks like I'll check into kydex and hybrid next.

Top Bottom