How do you prep your burgers for the grill?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sooooo glad I came back to check on this thread.

Uh. . .

e1cb94b7c05dea1e6e3f50c1850ebb26.jpg

Yeah!:thatshot:

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    1lb ground beef,
    bourbon, chilled

Mix meat, handling lightly, just enough to form into four patties. Grill over medium-high heat about 4 minutes on each side. Pour chilled bourbon in chilled shot glass. Enjoy.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Uh. . .
    e1cb94b7c05dea1e6e3f50c1850ebb26.jpg
    Yeah!:thatshot:
    OK 90% of the people won't even see a bow in that shot and the other 10% won't notice(or care) that she is shooting the bow backwards. Bow is strung wrong and she is holding it backwards. I suppose that doesn't make her any less HOT.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK 90% of the people won't even see a bow in that shot and the other 10% won't notice(or care) that she is shooting the bow backwards. Bow is strung wrong and she is holding it backwards. I suppose that doesn't make her any less HOT.

Nope doesn't make her any less hot. Prolly the BF's fault for stringing it wrong. I will give her a pass on the bow this time

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Montreal steak seasoning. Sometimes seasoned salt and garlic powder. Sometimes Dillo Dust. Right before I put them on, I brush a little canola oil on each side. Sears in the juice and gives them a little crunch on the outside.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In my experiments to make a different kind of burger, I've come up with what I imagine could be a Japanese steakhouse burger:

Ground beef (not a Kobe or anything, let's be real)
    T of ground ginger
    T soy sauce
    1/2 T shichimi togarashi
    T seasame oil

Make Patty and slap sesame seeds on each side

Pan on med high and cook through.

I've got this wasabi garnishing sauce in a squeeze bottle. It's pretty awesome.

So it's different, and those with sensitive eating habits won't like it, but that's ok.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I wish I could grill, just can't get the hang of it, or can't get it right. I leave it to the pros, and you folks are pros.:)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I wish I could grill, just can't get the hang of it, or can't get it right. I leave it to the pros, and you folks are pros.:)
    Grilling isn't hard, some food knowledge, some heat, and some practice, is all you need! Forgot patience, lots of patience!

Last edited:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I just fixed the best burger I've ever had. I did pick up some Dale's last night, but didn't use it yet. Anyways I pieced together what some of you guys use.

• Worcestershire sauce
    • Montreal steak seasoning
    • black pepper (lots of it)
    • cayenne red pepper (lots of it too)
    • salt
    • garlic powder

After I let that set in for about an hour then I fired up the grill. I used tongs instead of the spatula like someone mentioned so that you don't lose seasoning. Once the burgers were well done I put pepper jack cheese on top and let that melt. As it was melting I put two pieces of Texas toast ( buttered on one side) on the grill for a few minutes. For condiments I just used Mericle Whip and pickles, but I think in the future I'm going to replace those with bacon and BBQ sauce.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    However you spice up your ground cow....the best tip I've ever gotten was to put a decent size indentation in the middle of the burger after you put them on the grill. Helps the middle of bigger burgers get done better, and prevents most of the shrinkage.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    However you spice up your ground cow....the best tip I've ever gotten was to put a decent size indentation in the middle of the burger after you put them on the grill. Helps the middle of bigger burgers get done better, and prevents most of the shrinkage.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that next time

Top Bottom