• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    One of my neighbors would let her ankle biter poop in my yard almost on a daily basis, never once picking it up. After finally catching her/it in the act, I walked outside and politely asked her if she planned on removing it. "Oh yes, of course. I just forgot to bring a bag."

Well, she didn't come back to get it, so I picked it up for her and sat it on her porch.

Over the course of a week, there were more piles of crap in the yard, despite the obvious message I gave her (via bag of her dog's poop on her porch).

Next time I saw her dog with it's tail curled up in my yard, I opened up my door and let my German Shepherd out to go play with her dog and laughed from the window.

She has since found new yards for her yapper to poop in.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This has been a funny, funny read... Crappy neighbors, indeed!! Though I'm honestly surprised that nobody has once mentioned the simple expedient of mounting a trailcam to take a picture of the guilty parties in the act. Not only would it be pretty good evidence (assuming the pics turned out with good enough resolution) to potentially ID the offender, but leaving a printed pic on their front door would be one heck of a good attention-getter. Not to mention that if things went south from there, that same pic (time and date stamped, of course) would look awfully good in the hands of a PO.

Just sayin...

:twocents:

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    We had a neighbor like this once upon a time. One time he was letting his ankle-biter do its business in our yard when our Irish Setter happend to be out. The setter ran up to the squatting dog, sniffed it for a second, then promptly lifted and gave the little one a nice shower. The neighbor ran all the way home carrying the dripping dog at arms length. From then on he always picked the dog up and carried it past our property!

--Bill

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    This has been a funny, funny read... Crappy neighbors, indeed!! Though I'm honestly surprised that nobody has once mentioned the simple expedient of mounting a trailcam to take a picture of the guilty parties in the act. Not only would it be pretty good evidence (assuming the pics turned out with good enough resolution) to potentially ID the offender, but leaving a printed pic on their front door would be one heck of a good attention-getter. Not to mention that if things went south from there, that same pic (time and date stamped, of course) would look awfully good in the hands of a PO.

Just sayin...

:twocents:

I don't have one of those trail cams, but was trying to figure a way to set my DSLR to timelaps, and let it capture the entire day. But then I thought about how many photos it would take and how many I'd have to sift through.

I think I'll get a yard sign first. If it still continues, I'll try the motion activated sprinkler. While I try to keep my eye out for the person.

I have also emailed the association president. Not sure what good it would do though. They may mention something at the next meeting, but would do no good if that dog owner isn't there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't have one of those trail cams, but was trying to figure a way to set my DSLR to timelaps, and let it capture the entire day. But then I thought about how many photos it would take and how many I'd have to sift through.

I think I'll get a yard sign first. If it still continues, I'll try the motion activated sprinkler. While I try to keep my eye out for the person.

I have also emailed the association president. Not sure what good it would do though. They may mention something at the next meeting, but would do no good if that dog owner isn't there.

I will bet you lunch that it will do no good even if the owner is present.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Why is everyone so pissed at the dog? you poop too... the difference is that you know where to poop. It is the same thing as guns dont kill people... people kill people, and THEY let their dogs poop where they shouldnt.

Anyone suggesting to kill or harm the dog for a discharge on their property is, well IMO a worthless POS. Sad that so many resort to punishing the dog when the owner is the responsible party. Yes it should be cleaned up, but the dog's owner is the one whom should be doing the cleaning and disposing of said poo.

Don't like that I think anyone wanting to harm or kill a pet over poo is the scum of the earth? Good! Feeling is mutual!

Yes I have dogs, and yes I clean up after them!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a customer last year that caught a 20 something young man letting his dog defecate in her yard. She stepped out onto her front porch to confront the young man.

She said she didn't appreciate him leaving it, and told him she would give him a small plastic bag to dispose of the mess. He wrinkled his nose, but said o.k.

My customer handed the young man a small plastic bag. The young man took the bag, opened it up, then wrinkled his nose again, and picked up the dog crap with his bare hand and put it in the bag! :n00b:

Kids these days worry me. They don't seem to be taught to use common sense any more.

Top Bottom