• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've got some ball caps that need cleaning. One, my favorite, is a tan INGO Tactical hat. How do you clean them without ruining them in the process? :dunno:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Dishwasher as has been said. I just use liquid dishwashing soap. And forget the plastic form. It isnt really necessary unless its a flat bill.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Or throw just ball caps in washing machine on gentle cycle, take them out, clothes pin them to hangers, air dry.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    It doesn't hurt them? Do you use soap?
    Yes on soap. I just use the dishwasher packets. Really works great. I like the form because I can leave it in the form when I take it out of the dishwasher to dry. I don't use the heat dry setting on hats.

I've tried the washer before, and they always ended up wrinkled, even on gentle. This way they maintain they're shape and look great after.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Dishwasher + plastic form usually works OK, but if it's one of my favorites and I actually care about what it looks like, I get it dry cleaned...A lot of times when a hat gets soaked in hot water, those crappy plastic forms don't hold the hat's shape and it ends up looking like crap.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    One of the hats I've been wearing lately is all kinds of stained. Sweat, clay using an auger to prepare for a deck build, probably some catfish bait, and some other random stains. I just wear them dirty, gives them character. I've got some hats that are comfortable that I don't really care about so if they get dirty, I'll just keep wearing them. I've got some fairly expensive ones that I rarely wear. I use to be pretty bad about collecting them. Had probably 30-35 White Sox fitted hats with at least a dozen that cost $40-50. Those rarely got worn and when they got even a little bit of sweat on the band, they'd get dry cleaned.

I tried those hat form things and I didn't really like them. I'd still most likely just get my "nice" hats dry cleaned.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You know you've been on INGO too much when at first glance your brain thinks this thread's title is "How do you bash Mall Cops?"

Top Bottom