• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It's as interesting as watching people play poker, bowl, golf, curling....

Why does nobody broadcast sports I'm interested in? Like topless mixed doubles shuffleboard.

Shuffleboard players tend to be older Floridians. Bar of soap in a tube sock comes to mind. You sure about your choice of favorites?

Never seen any pictures of junior league shuffleboard. :runaway::stickpoke:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ESPN slammed for bringing back ?conservative-bashing? Keith Olbermann amid criticism of liberal bias | Fox News
    ESPN slammed for bringing back ‘conservative-bashing’ Keith Olbermann amid criticism of liberal bias

ESPN has been under fire recently for what many media watchdogs consider a liberal bias and the network raised eyebrows on Friday by announcing an expanded role for anti-Trump pundit Keith Olbermann.

"ESPN’s decision to hire the conservative-bashing blowhard only reinforces what it’s ever-fleeting viewers already know – the network cares more about advancing leftists causes than it does about sports, or, frankly, its own ratings."
    - National Center for Public Policy Research general counsel Justin Danhof

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    Only thing I bother to watch on ESPN now besides basketball, baseball, and football games are the 30 for 30 movies. I haven't been able to stand Sportcenter or the few dozen other sports talk shows for years. I'll sooner watch the "sports" they play on the alternate channels on slow weekdays than Steven A Smith get in a heated argument over today's benign NBA drama.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They've fallen so far that I chose not to include them in my Dish Network lineup.

Unfortunately, you're still paying for them. CNN and ESPN, probably among others, have contracts with all the big signal providers that send them a per-subscriber fee regardless whether anyone watches them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Unfortunately, you're still paying for them. CNN and ESPN, probably among others, have contracts with all the big signal providers that send them a per-subscriber fee regardless whether anyone watches them.
    I have CNN, as they are in the base package still on Dish. ESPN would be an addon with a sports package, which I thought about for about a second and realized I do not watch them anymore. It is partly because I got tired of them, and partly because I do not follow sports as much as I used to. Spoiled athletes, money hungry teams, poor play, etc etc. I have better things to do with my time these days.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We just got back from lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant, one of the tvs in the bar was tuned to espn, they were showing what I presume was a WNBA game........they can’t sink any further than that, can they?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We just got back from lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant, one of the tvs in the bar was tuned to espn, they were showing what I presume was a WNBA game........they can’t sink any further than that, can they?
    Yesterday at the bar ESPN and ESPN2 had Girls College softball and lacrosse.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They have apparently fallen all the way to the bottom.

Just as their parent company, Disney, fires Rosanne Barr for tweets that were deemed...

"abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values."

They announce an "expanded" role for good old Keith Olbermann. I guess his tweets must be right in line with their "values"...

Just a few highlights from his Twitter feed.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I hate to dig out an old thread but man ESPN can't put the shovel down. This afternoon they showed Stone Skipping and Cherry Pit Spitting competitions. I'm really curious where the bottom will be for ESPN.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I hate to dig out an old thread but man ESPN can't put the shovel down. This afternoon they showed Stone Skipping and Cherry Pit Spitting competitions. I'm really curious where the bottom will be for ESPN.
    SportsCenter used to be the default channel in the background. I couldn’t tell you the last time I put it on that channel. They did this to themselves.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    SportsCenter used to be the default channel in the background. I couldn’t tell you the last time I put it on that channel. They did this to themselves.

For me? Just long enough to watch whatever Tennessee Volunteers game they happen to be showing...and not much else.

Top Bottom