• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I drive about an hour to shoot in the coal mines near boonville. only one spot that is there that has a good back stop and I can shoot 100+yrds if I want. but what sucks is I can drive all the way out there and not be able to shoot as alot of ATV riders go out there and I wont shoot when folks are out there. for the smaller stuff I drive out to my parents house which is about 45min away.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I drive an hour plus to get to my "home" range. BUT I have a key to the place, can shoot from 10am to 10pm, and can choose from several different ranges (zero to 300 yards, steel, silhouette, etc). If I plan on spending the better part of a day up there, it's worth the drive.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would love to walk out my back door and shoot. However I only live 6 miles (15 - 20 minutes) from MCF&G so I have it pretty easy and it's a great range.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I drive about an hour to shoot in the coal mines near boonville. only one spot that is there that has a good back stop and I can shoot 100+yrds if I want. but what sucks is I can drive all the way out there and not be able to shoot as alot of ATV riders go out there and I wont shoot when folks are out there. for the smaller stuff I drive out to my parents house which is about 45min away.

Which coal mines? I've driven around some of the old ones near Elberfeld but didn't really know you could shoot there.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think around 56k. Jason is a skinny guy around 6 foot tall. He drives some really nice cars and trucks.
    If you were still interested in joining the gun club I'm in, they are having a barbecue cookoff this saturday. I'll be working in the morning. Public invited to look around and enjoy some food. Even got a coworker to enter.

Is your gun club Red Brush? I've thought about joining several times and have heard great things about it.

I will be out of town this weekend camping with my family. I really appreciate the invite.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Which coal mines? I've driven around some of the old ones near Elberfeld but didn't really know you could shoot there.

back behind bluegrass FWA not to far from millersburg creek,you just gotta kinda watch where you go as alot of that area is not owned by the mines,the ground that you cant go on is marked pretty good with NT signs.
    Ive seen people shooting at bluegrass FWA as well but with all the people who are always out there its hard to find a place to shoot safely.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Relic, do you shoot in Elberfeld across a cornfield into a lake dam? I've shot there twice but mostly I dove hunt out there.
    Bigum, I'm in WSSC. I live on the good ol' west side of E'ville, and I'll never move from here.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I go to Sugar Ridge to shoot rifles, takes 30 minutes to get there from Spencer county. The range is very nice, and there usually isn't anyone there when I go.

Pistols and Shotguns get shot in my backyard. Not very often, once every couple months...

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    I drive from Clarksville an hour to either Knob Creek, or Atterburry. Knob creek is 30 minutes south of work, so on my early days (off at 4:30) I can be-bop down and still get a few hours in. 350+ yard range. Atterbury is almost indoor quality but can't shoot bowling pins or refrigerators or pop bottles or RC cars.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Relic, do you shoot in Elberfeld across a cornfield into a lake dam? I've shot there twice but mostly I dove hunt out there.
    Bigum, I'm in WSSC. I live on the good ol' west side of E'ville, and I'll never move from here.

Ahhhhh..... A westsider!

I guess I'm a northsider, but I've only lived in the area for 6 years so I guess I'm a mut. I inquired about WSSC once while I was at Red Ghost gun shop. I think I was told that you needed a member to sponsor you. Isn't there a lot of cowboy shoots out there as well?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

no,where I shoot its down a dead end dirt road where they have pushed all the dirt off the side.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Im sure I aksed before..but what does it cost to be a member at WSSC? I live on the west side as well and seems that WSSC would be a great place to join.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have to admit im extreamly lucky.

i can shoot my own range from my reloading room. i can turn my stool 180 degrees open a window and see my 150-200-250-300-350 and 400 yd targets. i have to walk outside to get my 100 yd targets and 450yd targets.

due to noise i usually have to travel to my front porch wich is where i have my rest and stuff set up.

i have to admit to shooting a few coyotes by just opening my window and shooting. you talk about freaking my family out when i just open a window (usually at dawn) and shoot. but coyotes have taken a few of out calfs so they arn't mad for to long.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    i have to admit im extreamly lucky.

i can shoot my own range from my reloading room. i can turn my stool 180 degrees open a window and see my 150-200-250-300-350 and 400 yd targets. i have to walk outside to get my 100 yd targets and 450yd targets.

due to noise i usually have to travel to my front porch wich is where i have my rest and stuff set up.

i have to admit to shooting a few coyotes by just opening my window and shooting. you talk about freaking my family out when i just open a window (usually at dawn) and shoot. but coyotes have taken a few of out calfs so they arn't mad for to long.

Rub it it in. :stickpoke:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I step out on the front porch or if I want to travel a little I'll walk down to the table about 50 yards from the porch.

Sometimes I'll shoot out the upstairs windows.

Top Bottom