How Far Will Society Allow This Outrage Culture To Go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe, maybe not. As a dedicated cyclist, I can tell you I don't even like to transport my bike. If i'm meeting friends across town, I ride there. Machines never, ever create a good facsimile of real riding; a good ride presents you with a hill not at a time of your own choosing. Machines are for rainy days or winter, and then the machine is just a trainer you attach your bike to or a set of rollers. Pelotons are for gutter-bunnies

Maybe the people buying stock in the company aren't the target audience, but they should tell you something about how the company is faring in the marketplace. The IPO immediately fell below the strike price and didn't close above it for a month and a half. Spiked in November, perhaps in anticipation of gift giving or just money chasing gains/FOMO. Now it appears to be crashing again. There are collegial computer apps like Zwift that allow riding against other riders in the off season for a tiny fraction of what these things cost. Expect a good Oculus app to cut into their business, too

https://markets.businessinsider.com...on-market-value-holiday-ad-2019-12-1028737428
    Peloton saw $942 million in market value wiped out in a single day amid backlash to its controversial holiday ad

A big part of this issue is institutional investors are now being manipulated or sometimes ran by SJW.

Most serious cyclists I know has a spin bike of some kind...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So much so that when they began selling the bike, it was $1200. Their sales were bad. Like about to fold up bad.

They raise the price to over $2K, and they sold like crazy.:rolleyes:

I have a relative who is in that demographic. She likes to have the "best" brands she can afford. She'll snub products that work really well, but are less expensive, because she doesn't think they're as good as the more expensive brands.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    $2k for the bike and around $500 a year, every year, for someone to yell at you over the internet.

Um....whatever makes you happy.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Peloton isn't about riding a bike. It's a low impact, video game, exercise machine.
    You could get the same thing with an aerobics program that tracked your movements, which will probably be the next iteration.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    So much so that when they began selling the bike, it was $1200. Their sales were bad. Like about to fold up bad.

This phenomenon is discussed in Super Freakenomics, as it relates to prostitutes. While all essentially deliver the same service, there are vast differences in price from $20 - $2500. There is an assumption that if something costs more, then it must be superior in some possibly intangible way.

Also, by pricing yourself at a higher price point, you are now marketing to a different demographic. You go from marketing to the person who wants the best value to the person who wants "the best."

Any "luxury" item will take advantage of this bias.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This phenomenon is discussed in Super Freakenomics, as it relates to prostitutes. While all essentially deliver the same service, there are vast differences in price from $20 - $2500. There is an assumption that if something costs more, then it must be superior in some possibly intangible way.

Also, by pricing yourself at a higher price point, you are now marketing to a different demographic. You go from marketing to the person who wants the best value to the person who wants "the best."

Any "luxury" item will take advantage of this bias.

Y'know, it's not as easy as taking a $20 piece of...merchandise, and deciding to charge $2,500 for it.

2000.png

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Peloton isn't about riding a bike. It's a low impact, video game, exercise machine.
    You could get the same thing with an aerobics program that tracked your movements, which will probably be the next iteration.

If it provided electric shocks, that might motivate me. A person on a screen, not so much.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think the whole thing is hilarious. This made me chuckle as well...

[video]https://mobile.twitter.com/evaandheriud/status/1201610153549848580[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh yes, I had to hear about this horrible injustice yesterday from someone (not fit) at work. "Why would a skinny girl need something like that?" Maybe because she wants to stay fit?

I guess those people never heard about the benefits of exercise?
    Course, the "benefits of exercise" would be unfair, because those that don't exercise, don't get the benefits.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This whole episode has gotten looney, the leftists are actually tracking down the actors in the commercial, looking over their social media, and generally harassing them. The husband is a school teacher and part time actor worried this may affect his students and future work...

They are going way too far...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This whole episode has gotten looney, the leftists are actually tracking down the actors in the commercial, looking over their social media, and generally harassing them. The husband is a school teacher and part time actor worried this may affect his students and future work...

They are going way too far...

Social media has provided these little dip :poop: with a stage that allows them a false bravado. They would no more do this crap FTF than nothing. Spineless worms with a safe place to lash out.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The only thing that pissed me off about the commercial was that the chick was constantly videoing herself, she obviously has attention issues. But, she’s hot, so I could overlook that for a short time.
    attention issues? maybe she plans on fishing for action on social media?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Pelotons are over priced, you can hang twice as much clothes on a Bowflex.

(stolen from the tweets posted because I thought it was funny)

Top Bottom