How have you changed since becoming an INGO member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much have you changed since becoming an INGO'r?

• Total voters

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I thought I'd ask this question of everybody here, because I was doing a little self-reflection the other day and realized how much I've changed since becoming a regular here.

Some quick observations of myself:

• Obviously, I got into guns and reloading really heavily :D
    • I got my license to carry and carry basically 24/7.
    • I actually care about the political environment now, I never did before.
    • I registered to vote, and plan to vote, where as before I didn't care to.
    • In a way, my eyes have been 'opened', in that I can now better see and understand how our country has changed since it's inception, and I understand where it seems to be heading, and I understand where it really needs to go.
    • I'm now thinking about my future, my kids (that I don't have yet) future, and how I can potentially shape that future for the better, or at least prepare for the possibilities, however bad or good they may be.
    • I feel I have a new resolution to stand for what I believe in, whatever the consequences.
    • I feel I have learned a lot in my brief time as a member here; stuff that can't necessarily be taught in a school.
    • I feel like I'm a better person than before, more mature, knowledgeable, and resolute.
    Anyways, I feel I owe a lot of this to INGO. I believe the change, overall, is definitely for the better.

And so I thank you, INGO, for everything you've taught me. :ingo:

So, I ask all of you, how has INGO changed each of you as a person?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I still dislike elitist. I just found more of them since joining.

I found that Im not nutz and that more people support and agree with my views than ones who dont. some are just too shy to spead them on the mountain top.

I met some realy great people. I met some idiots too. I have made lifelong friendships that will live longer than the internet.

I have bought a **** load of guns and accessories and sold and traded too. then bought some more :)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have always been "conservative" but I have become much more individualistic since joining.

Liberty and self sufficiency have become my top priorities.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can't say I've changed at all. I must say I like the areas you have identified, but maybe it's not that you've changed in those areas, but just became more aware of your intrinsic beliefs? If these were your beliefs, embrace them as your own. That way, you will never be a pawn to anyone to be tosses around in the wind according to their doctrines and beliefs. Don't be changed by what people say on the internet. After all, people can say and be anyone on the internet, but it's in their real lives where character is seen.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I can't say I've changed at all. I must say I like the areas you have identified, but maybe it's not that you've changed in those areas, but just became more aware of your intrinsic beliefs? If these were your beliefs, embrace them as your own. That way, you will never be a pawn to anyone to be tosses around in the wind according to their doctrines and beliefs. Don't be changed by what people say on the internet. After all, people can say and be anyone on the internet, but it's in their real lives where character is seen.
    I guess I should clarify that I've changed because of what I've learned. Even if it's just a stronger focus on my "intrinsic beliefs", it's still a change...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    A better change for me being able to meet people in my backyard with the same interests, OC/CC meet and eats, going to the Winamac Range to meet with the INGO members, putting screen names with faces, and support INGO Sponsors at the local gun shows in the area from all over the state, whom we would not normaly know by name or a one of a kind INGO hat.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    No change as far as a person but have met some great people from here in my everyday life. Also, there have been a few posters that have me thinking Darwin's theory could be true.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You do realize that a "COMPLETE 360" means you are right back where you started from. That is NO CHANGE!!!! So yes, I have become more sarcastic to point out errors and in accurate postings, kinda like this one...

Last edited:

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    It has given me another place on the internet , to be king , I've actually meet a few people (in person) on here. It has given me a new reason to leave my moms basement (in the daylight) .

Oh and for the big change since I became a MEMBER, MY member has grown a full 2 inches in length. (non-photoshopped files sent on request)

Thanks FENWAY ,for this amazing medical breakthru :rockwoot:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't know if I've changed. I'm more aware now. My knowledge of firearms has increased. And I'm now a believer that training is a much more better investment than firearms.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I certainly have picked up a BUNCH of firearms knowledge. I've also confirmed by suspicion that the Internet is a wacky place. I can't say I am a much different person. Better informed on some topics, and a few new things have piqued my interest.

Beside, I hate change.
    I prefer bills ;)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Although at times it seems I've changed

...I truly suspect that the rest of the world is simply coping with and adapting to my wonderful ongoing sameness. ;)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My life changed quite a bit financially, but the biggest hit was to my social life because all I do is sit here at this computer reading these threads! ;)

Top Bottom