How have you changed since becoming an INGO member?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much have you changed since becoming an INGO'r?

• Total voters

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    But honest. I understand the sentiment. I used to think gun owners were "a cut above", but INGO has taught me that as a demographic we're no more or less moral than any other subculture. We've got our share of saints and sinners and everything in between.

I've never pictured gun owners as a "cut above" anyone else, I just see us as a bit more educated on the subject(like society won't turn into the wild west if everyone carried).

All walks of life have their sinners and saints and I don't see us as any different.

However, I see myself as your "average gun owner" and it's unfortunate that Gabriel dislikes me more now than before joining INGO.

That couldn't be further from Fenway's ideal when creating this site.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I've never pictured gun owners as a "cut above" anyone else, I just see us as a bit more educated on the subject(like society won't turn into the wild west if everyone carried).

All walks of life have their sinners and saints and I don't see us as any different.

However, I see myself as your "average gun owner" and it's unfortunate that Gabriel dislikes me more now than before joining INGO.

That couldn't be further from Fenway's ideal when creating this site.
    I'm an idealist. There's always a part of me that expects, wants, and hopes for people to rise above their limitations, and every time I encounter a new subculture I get a little starry-eyed from that hope. When those illusions get crushed, it's always a little off-putting.

I don't know if that's what the other guy was talking about, but that's my experience.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have a much greater knowledge of firearms in general. I have met hundreds of people through the site and have made many great friends. I know if I need help I can find it on INGO :ingo:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, again I can't say I have changed, but I've learned to endeavor to be the same person online as I am in person.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    My wife asked me last night "Are you planning on going AWOL"? Why are you always on that website? Your getting to obsessed with guns and survival stuff!

These are all questions and statements that weren't heard in my home 6 months ago!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I went from a card carrying, vote for the lesser of two evils, republican to small l libertarian. I always had a libertarian bent but I believe in it much more strongly now. I've also realized that nothing is ever going to change for the better in this country as people are hell bent on staying the course.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    If I'm included, I was set in my ways long before Ingo so, no changes there. Regardless of what anyone thinks or says about me, I'm someone you could trust with your life. Gauranteed.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I came to realize that folks change a lot when they take a nice hobby and turn it into a commercial venture.

I've become much more jaded.

Josh

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I learned there are lots of gun owners I dont care for and have no desire to be around. I also found that there are people around that I would count on in a pinch.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am slightly less ignorant than I was before. Some people on here make some great points about topics that force me to think more. But damn I sure hate thinkin that much sometimes.

INGO:rockwoot:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've met some pretty decent people, spent some pretty decent money, and seen some pretty decent postings. Then again I've seen things that make me wonder what in the hell some people are thinking. I guess it's been a mostly positive experience. Have I changed though? Not really. I still don't like society as a whole.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    Didn't change so much from being here but I did notice that within one hour of buying my G30sf, I had developed a white-hot hatred of Hi Points.

I do check the forums 4-5 times a day though.

Top Bottom