• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Far too long. Between work and starting a family. I get to shoot once every couple of months this year. Down from it part of my Friday morning ritual ending last summer. I need shooting buddies... haha

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Far too long. Between work and starting a family. I get to shoot once every couple of months this year. Down from it part of my Friday morning ritual ending last summer. I need shooting buddies... haha

If you have a little time, you are in a good area to shoot. The one thing I miss about Lafayette are the nearby shooting options.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have my parents ranch to shoot at and I own a house 3 minutes from applied ballistics, but I have recently moved to Southside Chicago, and looking for a house in merriville/crown point. I am giving up my p/t job so I'll have more free time.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Prolly went 2-3 years without shooting back when I first got married.
    Wife isn't anti gun, just didn't have the time or coin back then.
    Last 10 years, I doubt if a dry spell has lasted more than 6-8 weeks (usually over the winter).

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    there was a stretch of about 6 months when I didn't fire any kind of guns... I was jonesing at the end :)

Also, I once bought a new handgun and didnt fire it for about 3 months.... which is not like me at all - but life was busy

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    there was a stretch of about 6 months when I didn't fire any kind of guns... I was jonesing at the end :)

Also, I once bought a new handgun and didnt fire it for about 3 months.... which is not like me at all - but life was busy

I bought a pistol and had it for over a year and didn't shoot it. I ended up selling it without firing a round.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Oh man. Any regrets in that?

Buying it or selling it?

I have no regrets. It was a P226 and I had shot them before and thought I wanted one, but after I got it I really didn't want to learn the DA/SA trigger. Though I ended up buying a CZC 75. I haven't warmed up to that yet either, though at least I have put a few mags through it.:)

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Just did two shots tonight . . . oh wait . . . it's not those shots . . .

Been about 10 days and probably going to end that tomorrow. Need to test some .45 ACP and 9mm parabellum hollow point rounds in a 1911 and M9 to ensure they feed properly, and test a .45 Long Colt plus zero its sights.

John

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    My son is now 10.5mo old... Life pretty much stopped when he was born. I MAY have shot once indoors somewhere in there but I can't remember.. That's the longest time in recent memory. Normally I'd get out once a month anyway.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Best thing I ever did for my shooting was join a range. It's on the way home and I can take a guest, so now I go at least once a week, some times several. The staff at the range know me by my first name now, so I guess I go alot. The guys I work with are members of other ranges, so we base our range usage off of the weather.
    To the OP's question, I went for a few years one time after getting heavily into archery and competing in that. I still predominantly bow hunt, but now look forward to getting out my guns to deer hunt with.
    After doing some overseas contracting over in the sandbox, I gradually got back into guns and EDC and I have not slowed down since. I don't plan to either with the way the world is now.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My brother is going to be stationed at Lackland AFB in Texas at the end of September. These last few weeks
    we have together will be his last living at home. We have been putting a large amount of lead downrange, often 3 times a week. It is costing me an arm and leg, but creating menories that last a life time

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Usually, I fire every week, excepting the cases when I'm ill or have a travel. If I don't do it too long, I feel that my guns become like unnecessary stuff - but I don't have a habit to keep junk at home. Use it or throw it out.

Top Bottom