• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I purchased a gun off gunbroker on 8/26, mailed payment on 8/27. Seller has told me he hasn't gotten payment. I went to put a stop payment on the money order but they couldn't. IT WAS CASHED on 8/29. So he has had his money for 2 weeks, and I still don't have my gun because this person isn't organized enough to know when my payment was received. I am NOT a happy camper.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    I can't believe you can type, I would have just jammed the keys over and over.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This smells like rotten fish to me. What are the protections for buyers on that site? If the MO was cashed, how can you prove he cashed it or how can he prove to you he didn't?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This smells like rotten fish to me. What are the protections for buyers on that site? If the MO was cashed, how can you prove he cashed it or how can he prove to you he didn't?

For a fee the MO can be checked by the US Postal Service (if they issued it). I think other MO issuers can do the same thing.

The MO has to be endorsed like a check to be cashed, and it is made out explicitely to a certain individual (like a check). So, for a fee, you could find out who signed it and where it was cashed.

If this was out of state there can be some wire fraud and other things filed. Unfortunately for the issuer of the MO though, the fees for all of that will probably end up being more than the original money lost.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    get a hold of the local police to where you sent the MO.....but first send him a email telling him thats what your going to do if you don't get the gun or money back.....

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    The bank gave me a copy of the scan of the money order with his signature plus when it was cashed. I scanned it and sent him a terse email with a scan of the paper the bank gave me. He is in Texas.

7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    contact a lawyer. legal actions need to be taken. it happend to my dad a couple years back. by the time he got his money back he had already bought the firearm off of someone else.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I'd give him a day or two to reply then send another e-mail stating what your going to do if this isn't fixed asap.

Something similar happened to my son on E-bay. He bought a game from someone in China. The seller kept saying it's on the way, so after 45 days he filed a report with E-bay. He then was re-credited his account, so then about a week after that, the game in the mail.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Dang that really dont sound good! I would be seeing red! Good advice though, give him another e-mail telling him what your going to do, an if no reply time to call LEO.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Gunbroker does have some buyer protection. Check it out, and if you don't hear back from your seller, send him one more email to tell him you'll be contacting his state police and the post office about interstate fraud. Amazing how much of a motivator that can be. Just be sure to follow up if you don't get a response posthast.

Last edited:

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    If you sent it via US mail, contact the post office. If he's pulling something crooked, it might be considered postal fraud and that is a federal offense.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I know there are good deals online...but when you buy from a local gun shop, at least you can walk in and grab the guy by the gourd and find out whats what.

Good luck on your purchase. I hope you get your firearm and the guy ought to throw in a holster or ammo or something else to make up for his bad bookkeeping.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Email him, tell him he needs to send it with a UPS or FedEx tracking number. Give him three days. If you don't hear from him within three days, go to Gunbroker with all of your information. If they don't have a full resolution in a week, file a local police report, and call his local police department. If you used a USPS money order, file for mail fraud, otherwise open a case with the money order issuer. Forward ALL of this to him and Gunbroker. If you don't hear from him after a couple days, call his local BATF office (assuming he is an FFL) and see if they can up the pressure.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I sent him the email just before noon. No response yet. Yes, he is an FFL holder. This dude is REALLY messing with the wrong person. I delight in making other peoples lives a living hell if they screw me over.

Top Bottom