• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I learned along time ago you never send a money order that is not tracked and signature required!! it cost about $6.00 bucks but it is money well spent! Hope it all works out for you! and you need to get a copy of the cashed money order to prove that he got it and cashed it! again sorry for your troubles.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I learned along time ago you never send a money order that is not tracked and signature required!! it cost about $6.00 bucks but it is money well spent! Hope it all works out for you! and you need to get a copy of the cashed money order to prove that he got it and cashed it! again sorry for your troubles.

The bank funished me a copy of the scan of the signed money order. I scanned it and sent it in the email to him 10 hours ago.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The bank gave me a copy of the scan of the money order with his signature plus when it was cashed. I scanned it and sent him a terse email with a scan of the paper the bank gave me. He is in Texas.

In my best Tater voice.... "Texas has the death penalty, and we use it."

Keep us posted, hopefully he will suddenly find your payment was made and ship the firearm.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I used to to trade/sell/buy computer parts on private forums and have run into a few bad seeds. It's amazing how fast you can get thier attention when law enforcement gets involved. Your deal might be considered internet fraud. Here is a link for the FBI Internet crime complaint center. Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

Good Luck!

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Update: He says he has no record of getting it, or my ffl I sent with it. He was apologetic, and really seemed perplexed on what is going on. It seems he didn't look at the attachment I sent him of the scan of the money order. So, I continue to wait.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Texas you say? Tell him you're sending the Feds all the documentation (plus cancelled check with his signature) for them to 'investigate'. With all the trouble <legitimately> selling guns down there, it seems to me that he would get it right for you right away...

finn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Keep your frequent flyer miles for cases like this. I had a guy in Pennsylvania do the same thing to me.Imagine his surprise when I showed up at the door with his local police.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I haven't gone to gunbroker yet, but if he doesn't start telling me what I need to hear soon, it's going that way.

I'd be going to them now. Regardless if he comes around at some point, I would want Gunbroker involved sooner than later. Good luck

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Gunbroker WILL NOT do anything to help you and neither will the police. I went through this same situation and the only reason I got my money back was because I used a Mastercard through BidPay. BidPay and GunBroker both told me that they could do nothing. You would think that the feds or the local police would be interested but they are not. They call it a "civil matter".

Some people's faith in GB is not founded in fact. Buy from your local dealer and this will not be an issue.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Good news! He says that I am right and he wants my ffl to fax his license to him (which he somehow lost). My ffl is closed today so it will be tomorrow. I told him that I needed the gun overnighted. We'll see what he says to that.

Top Bottom