• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    All gone. Now I only have pepper spray and a 12 pound rat terrier.

accident_md.jpg

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sorry, after 66 posts thus far, it's time for a :hijack:

I'm clearly missing something... What's wrong with stating how many guns you have?

Is it a paranoia thing? Are we afraid of someone breaking in to steal our guns?

There's INGO'ers here I've met FTF at my house. The thought's never crossed my mind. But I'm not a criminal either; though if I was, I'd like to think I wouldn't try to rob the house I know is loaded to the gills with guns! Plus, you'll have to shoot the dogs to get in and I don't have a conventional job anyway so I'm in and out of my house all day - and we have several vehicles so you'd never know if someone was home anyway. I'd almost invite someone to try it and see how their luck goes.

Is there another reason no one wants to tell?

Fear of "the man" coming knocking to take them all?

Someone help. I do NOT want to believe people are THAT paranoid. Please give me another reason.

To the OP:

I wasn't exactly sure until this question was asked. Between the wife and I, we now own 17 - all handguns except for one 12 gauge.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry, after 66 posts thus far, it's time for a :hijack:

I'm clearly missing something... What's wrong with stating how many guns you have?

Is it a paranoia thing? Are we afraid of someone breaking in to steal our guns?

There's INGO'ers here I've met FTF at my house. The thought's never crossed my mind. But I'm not a criminal either; though if I was, I'd like to think I wouldn't try to rob the house I know is loaded to the gills with guns! Plus, you'll have to shoot the dogs to get in and I don't have a conventional job anyway so I'm in and out of my house all day - and we have several vehicles so you'd never know if someone was home anyway. I'd almost invite someone to try it and see how their luck goes.

Is there another reason no one wants to tell?

Fear of "the man" coming knocking to take them all?

Someone help. I do NOT want to believe people are THAT paranoid. Please give me another reason.

To the OP:

I wasn't exactly sure until this question was asked. Between the wife and I, we now own 17 - all handguns except for one 12 gauge.

Paranoid perhaps. I would rather keep that number private.For both of the reasons you stated.Look at some modern examples of gun confiscation. Australia comes to mind. In a period of less than a year they went from having most any gun legally to everything but single shot weapons.This includes every cartridge type,and even pistols.It should also be noted that a full 40% of Australian gun owners did not turn in there guns.(source Gun Control Australia they are now criminals.Though remote there are many means to gun control. Obama and congress though unlikely could pass a ban and begin confiscation.The treaty "loop hole" already being tried for a national gun registry.This coupled with the fact that there are those who believe any private ownership of a gun should be illegal and work to that end every day.So yes perhaps paranoid,but I would rather be paranoid and wrong then unarmed and helpless to stand up for my country and the constitution.As for the thief part I fear this much less,though the thought has crossed my mind.I have meet many great INGO members and most I would welcome in my home.Our rights are much more fragile than you think.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Paranoid perhaps. I would rather keep that number private.For both of the reasons you stated.Look at some modern examples of gun confiscation. Australia comes to mind. In a period of less than a year they went from having most any gun legally to everything but single shot weapons.This includes every cartridge type,and even pistols.It should also be noted that a full 40% of Australian gun owners did not turn in there guns.(source Gun Control Australia they are now criminals.Though remote there are many means to gun control. Obama and congress though unlikely could pass a ban and begin confiscation.The treaty "loop hole" already being tried for a national gun registry.This coupled with the fact that there are those who believe any private ownership of a gun should be illegal and work to that end every day.So yes perhaps paranoid,but I would rather be paranoid and wrong then unarmed and helpless to stand up for my country and the constitution.As for the thief part I fear this much less,though the thought has crossed my mind.I have meet many great INGO members and most I would welcome in my home.Our rights are much more fragile than you think.

Great response, but I do disagree that our rights are really that fragile. We are not Australia, and I don't think this type of thing even has a chance of serious political discussion in the US; much less implementation.

I don't want to get into a debate about our rights; because I have my opinions and everyone else has theirs regarding Obama/elected officials and their attempts at "gun control" and we won't change our minds from our opinions on the subject.

And sure, theft is always in the back of our minds regarding someone breaking in and stealing our ****; I'm just not convinced that it deserves the paranoia of not discussing something such as this.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Great response, but I do disagree that our rights are really that fragile. We are not Australia, and I don't think this type of thing even has a chance of serious political discussion in the US; much less implementation.

I don't want to get into a debate about our rights; because I have my opinions and everyone else has theirs regarding Obama/elected officials and their attempts at "gun control" and we won't change our minds from our opinions on the subject.

And sure, theft is always in the back of our minds regarding someone breaking in and stealing our ****; I'm just not convinced that it deserves the paranoia of not discussing something such as this.

Ask the people in any of the areas hit by Katrina how strong our rights really are. A declared emergency by our president and some martial law thrown in for our protection,and you have no rights.A few very small things could cause that course of action to take place. Say 3 terrorist attacks in different US cities in a matter of a week.President declares a national emergency and martial law=you have no rights. And do not get me started on the patriot act.Mother claims teen jailed by Patriot Act
    I will add to this that I am a law abiding citizen.I do not have a criminal record.And yes the power our government currently has over every citizen scares the crap out of me.I feel it is only a matter of time before things like the Patriot act are used against those who would disagree with our government.

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Hell...I'd like to know how many guns that I have gotten rid of over the years that I wish I had back. That number alone would make most men cry.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    This type of thread crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago......Then it dawned on Me?????? WHAT WAS I THINKING ???

Top Bottom