How many households have guns in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Everyone in my family owns guns. I personally do not know any anti-gun people and do not want to... :ar15:

Not all people that do not own guns are anti-gun people.
    Some people just feel that they dont need guns but are tottaly fine with other people owning guns.
    The anti-gun people are different, some of them even own guns but they dont want other people to won guns.

:twocents:

jdklvans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michiana
    Most people don't advertise that they have guns in the home not only because of theft but i think also because of what their PC friends may think.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Off the top of my head, I would have to say 75-90% of my friends have at least one gun in the home. Easily 50% or more have their handgun permit, only one of those households are 50%, all the rest both husband and wife are packing. I guess I just have good taste in friends.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Off the top of my head, I would have to say 75-90% of my friends have at least one gun in the home. Easily 50% or more have their handgun permit, only one of those households are 50%, all the rest both husband and wife are packing. I guess I just have good taste in friends.

Either that or everyone just feel it's necessary to be armed when they are around you !?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'd love to see the poll broken out by county. I imagine the urban counties draw the numbers down quite a bit.
    Then again it might just be the Opposite...
    I live out here in the Country and can almost guarantee the answers my Friends, Family, and Neighbors would give would be something like "Firearms, why would I need them out here. I have no use for them.".... :popcorn:

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    all of the good ones

Proper citizens should become proficient with a personal defence weapon because a police officer is to big carry. I am thank full for our law enforcement community, but they can not be every where. If more people spent disposable income on guns instead of drugs we would have more gun ranges than crack houses.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    some thinking in mind, I would imagine that most everybody has a gun in the closet. Even Granny and the anit gunner are getting in line with the whole idea of protecting themselves. Gabby Gifford proved to us that concealed carry does save lives. I did some home inspections and found guns in the rafters of houses that people just bought. Most even don't use the guns anymore, but they have them.

My wife and I have lifetime permits. We only vacation in states with reciprocity and we usually veer away from businesses that don't want us with guns.

Top Bottom