How many households have guns in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    If you are from a "gun family" that doesn't mean that all the families are like that.
    I know people in Indiana that never had a gun in their family and dont know anybody that own a gun.
    Soo..... You know people that dont know you?? Stalker? Or you are not actually a gun owner but an anti-gun spy sent here to do recon:bat: I totally agree with your point just a slip up in your wording. I live in a "gun family" we are about 95%

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I would say Indiana is on the high end of the midwest spectrum since we have more friendly gun laws than some states like our neighbors to the west.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am thinking the percentage is much higher than what is reported...

I happen to be from a House and Family with no Firearms...

Matter of fact none of my Friends have Firearms either...

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    :scratch:hmmm guns in a house???? who woulda thought that...lol
    i'd say about 60 %...maybe
    depending on admittedly vs. actually

....I know I'd never keep guns in the house because they're dangerous and scary. I've got a couple really loud whistles for self defense......

:whistle:

yep same here...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I can one up you there. I don't even have friends that could have firearms. People scare me almost as much as a firearm does. I really need to find my whistle because I'm starting to get anxious just thinking about all this.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I can one up you there. I don't even have friends that could have firearms. People scare me almost as much as a firearm does. I really need to find my whistle because I'm starting to get anxious just thinking about all this.
    Huh...

I thought your lack of Friends was not do to your Anxiety, but more due to you being you,... :popcorn:

Judy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    How many households have guns in Indiana

I would hope with the violence in the news that we see daily that most homes have at least one gun.:draw:And someone who knows how to use it.

Judy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    how many households have guns in Indiana

And exactly how does this whistle protect you?:rolleyes:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Like some above, I also just ran through a quick mental list of a bunch of folks I know. I'm around 70% so far. Some are even "anti-gun" by INGO terms, but I know they at least have a target pistol or shotgun in the closet.

Of family and close friends, it is more like 90%. Once again, several have guns sitting neglected in a closet or drawer, but they do have them.

I know the number that carry for self-defense is much lower. Indiana had 350 thousand LTCH's issued as of a couple of years ago. Works out to about 1 in 15 adults. Since it is likely several are in the same household (husbands/wives/adult children that carry), I'm guessing it is more like 1 in 30 (3%) or less actually carry for defense.

Not a lot of sheepdogs out there.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I saw a stat on a Concealed Carry sight that said Indiana was only second to New York State in the number of LTCH holders to total State adult population. They said 1 in 14 Hoosier adults has a license. Being this is accurate or even relatively close then there be a bunch of guns in this state.

Personally? 7 firearms in our household and I have my collection from Dad still at Mom's house in the safe, another 27.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

Sepe, Is your whistle the RRA black tacticle model or one of those plastic ones with the rubber pea inside?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I still have the LTCH, but since I lost everything in that boating accident, I haven't had the spirit to buy anything else... Why in heck are all these people so keen to quantify us all so much? If some stranger starts asking questions like that, they're not gettin any cooperation. They may as well ask me about my bank account numbers. I'd hope there's a good margin on top of their 51% that's just unreported.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I grew up in West Virginia, and guns have always been around. I invited my daughter's then-17 year old boyfriend to go shooting a months or so ago, and found out that it was his first time shooting. I was so shocked, I didn't even send him downrange solo to "check the targets." :ar15:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I saw a stat on a Concealed Carry sight that said Indiana was only second to New York State in the number of LTCH holders to total State adult population. They said 1 in 14 Hoosier adults has a license. Being this is accurate or even relatively close then there be a bunch of guns in this state.

Personally? 7 firearms in our household and I have my collection from Dad still at Mom's house in the safe, another 27.

I would think that only a small percentage of the gun owners in the state have a LTCH.
    People that just own gun for home defense, to go shoot at the range or for hunting, dont need a LTCH.

So if 1 in 14 has a LTCH, maybe 1 in 7 or 1 in 5 has a gun. :dunno:

Top Bottom