Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    LOVE LOVE LOVE 22cal
    proud owner of a
    ruger 10/22 synthetic stock
    ruger charger
    savage arms mark 2 btvs

i have a 50 round drum that can go on the 10/22 or charger
    best thing i ever did was have the 10/22 and the charger , i love having both and having interchangeable mags

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have two Ruger Mk II SS slabsides, a Ruger Mk II 10" in SS, a Colt semi pistol that I can not remember the model, an H&R model 999 top breaker, a Marlin bolt action and a Ruger 10-22T. I think that is all of the 22s that I have. I like the stainless steel slabsides the best, however.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    After becoming an Instructor for 4H Shooting Sports we shoot .22, got back into it and love it now own a Mosquito, Charger, Ar-15/22, S&W A-2, Taurus raging bull, P-22, Henry Golden Boy, and a couple others! Cheap and if the shot is right will have the same end results as any other round

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    .22's are a super way to get the kids into shooting. I started mine off at about the age of 5. Now the two older ones have there own weapons and we shoot together.
    The family that shoots together, stays alive longer !!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You know one thing I really like about shooting .22s? I was at the range last Friday. I stayed for 2 or 3 hours ringing out a new VX58(2008.) I brought my Bushmaster XM and MN M44.

Reflections:

I'm gonna like the VZ. I forgot my AK sight tool and had to guestimate on how much to move the front sight after I got home. (Consistently 2-3" inches to right at 100 yards.) 250 rounds and all good for function.

M-44. Yep, after about 50 rounds, my shoulder is done. Concussion / noise? You don't "fire" the M44 so much as "set it off." LOL

M-4gery. .223 is still a *****cat to shoot. I suppose that is both good and bad. ;) After 120 rounds, I switched over to the .22 conversion drop-in.

The .22 out of a M-4 is still lots of fun! My favorite part? The sound.

The "big" pop when you shoot, and then the later little pop when it hits cardboard.

POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.
    POP! (pause) pop.

I could do this all day. Not bored. Not tired. .22LR rocks. :)

1610032_photobucket_22742_.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    .22's are a super way to get the kids into shooting. I started mine off at about the age of 5. Now the two older ones have there own weapons and we shoot together.
    The family that shoots together, stays alive longer !!

.22 is what my dad tought me to shoot with. Also the gf likes to shoot with them (although she wont leave any of my rifles alone, for that matter)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I like .22's. My favorite .22 is also the first one I owned, a Remington 572 BDL pump. Still shoots as well today as did almost 40 years ago when it was new.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad this thread came back from the dead! I just bought another case of .22LR a week or so ago. Can never have to many rounds of the little stuff laying around!

In my safe reside the required Marlin 60, a Savage MKII bolt rifle, half a dozen 10/22 in every state from stock looking, to bullpup, to my daughter's competition 10/22 with more adjustments on it than a Boeing 747! Then had to add the modern GSG-5 since it is a ringer for my more expensive to play with MP5 clone. Then had to add a Henry with the sweetest lever action ever, and a couple more I can't even remember the names of without pulling them out and checking!

Top Bottom