• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I carry a Walther PPS in 9mm with 7+1 capacity and one 8-rd backup mag. It isn't as formidable as a service pistol, but then it isn't as large or heavy or visible as a service pistol either.

I'm not planning on being in a prolonged cover-to-cover firefight with 4 armed assailants. Not that I wouldn't use what I have in such a situation, it's just not economical to plan for that. If I were in a situation where I was outgunned I would presumably have the defensive advantage anyway (I'm not the instigator).

I just need enough to stop a one, possibly two, man threat and a spare to reload for safety/backup purposes. If I need anything more than that I need more than a handgun.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    When I am working, I have 2 extra mags for my Glock 21. In my "grab bag" I have two more mags and 4 20 round mags and 2 30 round mags for my AR. I also have one 20 round mag for my AR to put into my pocket. That doesn't count extra cuffs or a spare knife.

Am I paranoid?

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Usually carry a
    7+1 Kahr CW9
    If not then
    17+1 M&P9
    8+1 RIA 1911
    All Hornady Critical Defense Hollow points.
    Depending on what I carry I usually keep one extra mag of that in the glove box.
    When in doubt, I usually have my auto Mossberg in the trunk.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So I would just like to know how many rounds do you really carry?
    I really like the looks of the glock 36 and I am of the opinion that there is very little that 7 rounds of 45 can't fix. Right now I carry a bursa thunder 9 that I only load 10+1 I just want to know what others think.

Oh if this is a repeat sorry I have searched and could not find a thread that addressed this

Ben

ONE round is enough to stop a fight against a single opponent - but you have to HIT your target. Realistically, that's not guaranteed, especially if you and your opponent(s) are moving.

I carry at least one spare mag and try to carry two on my person, which gives me from 30-36 rounds.

Bubba Skinner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    I carry a Taurus 85 5 shot. I always have at least 5 extra bullets on me.

If Im going downtown, or to a shady area, I grab about 10-15 extra bullets. Am I ever going to have to reload 3 times? Highly doubtful. But Id rather have too much than too little.

ironmanran

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    6, If I'm in water thats deeper than 6 rounds can get me out of I put myself in a situation that I more than likely could have avoided. I guess if I need more I'm screwed.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    When I am working, I have 2 extra mags for my Glock 21. In my "grab bag" I have two more mags and 4 20 round mags and 2 30 round mags for my AR. I also have one 20 round mag for my AR to put into my pocket. That doesn't count extra cuffs or a spare knife.

Am I paranoid?
    Heck no! You work in Evansville right? I can't believe they haven't gotten you that tank you asked for yet!

Top Bottom