• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    At this point it was months ago, lol. I try to get it done at my local barber in Elwood. When I can make it there its $8 + tip. But if I can't make it there during his hours then I unfortunately go to Great Clips and pay $11 + tip. Or occasionally have mom come by and use my clippers. Right now I'm letting it grow for the winter. Not sure if I'll get it trimmed or let it just grow and see what happens.:):

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I'm one of the lucky few....I don't have to pay for haircuts because my wife is a beautician! :) (granted, since she cuts hair all day, she never wants to do mine so now I'm getting a little bit on the shaggy side!) lol

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well if anyone can remember I posted about my bad haircut I got back in the early part of this year. I am very LEARY of who cuts it now.

sb22lr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    $9 to Ted, he is open 3 days a week unless the fish are biting. He is a marine corp vet from the korean war.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Been cutting my own hair for over ten years. It is the only way to go.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I think I paid $20 bucks for my Wahl clippers at the PX about 25 years ago & they still work just fine.

It would be kind of interesting to try to figure out how much money I have saved by shaving my own head all of these years.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    close

I use the same blade on my face for months at a time and NEVER use anything more than maybe a splash of water. After a few months the burn and bumpies stop (perhaps due to skin turning to leather?).
    I shave mine about twice a week and I've been using the same razor for about 6 mos. (Thank you Clark Howard) I just dry the razor b4 I put it away. Whatever shave gel is handy. Shampoo works but head blade shave goo is best and lasts forever. harder to find tho'.:twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    $2.00 as I recall.
    I haven't been to a Barber since 1967.
    My dad cut my hair when I lived at home and my Wife has done the honors for the last 40+ years. ;)

Top Bottom