• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Didn't want to put this here, but was denied access to the forum suggestion area. I clicked on my INGO link and it took me 7 minutes for the page to load. Every other site I loaded came up in seconds. This is the third time I've tried to send this message, as the system times out after 10 minutes with no response from a given internet site. An earlier message took 8 minutes to post a message after I clicked send. I think I've paid my supporter fee, and I understand that there are and have been issues with the server/s...... It's really frustrating. I'd appreciate it if someone would send me an email when INgo becomes useable again.

No offense to anyone, it's just real frustrating to try to participate when 90% of my time is watching an hourglass spin.

Now that I've complained about it, is there anything I can to to help? $$$ ??

Last edited:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I've been having similar experiences over the past few days, mostly in the evenings...

ETA: I wouldn't say I'm complaining, but I'll sign up to be a site supporter at the next 1500 anyways:yesway:

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sometimes I find it quite slow in the evenings...

And mid-mornings...

Just the way it goes until the site gets hosted to a new server.

-J-

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the kind request guys. We are listening, and appreciate the feedback. Hopefully soon we'll have some answers for you.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Anytime there are over 150 or so members on it slows way down...

I had a brillant post about 6 paragraphs long well thought out very informative I hit post reply and I got a time out message, wasn't thinking and refreshed. Lost everything.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For the record, the slowness isn't caused by INGO, but by the other web sites sharing our hardware. However, rumor has it that Christmas may come a bit early this year, and that's about all I can say about that right now... ;)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    i have been havign the same problem for months now. whats going on?

The Virtual Private server INGO is on is over-sold (not uncommon in webhosts to sell a server that can handle 15 sites. to 25 different people) As traffic grows on each of the sites, all of them suffer for it.

As Scutter01 said. Christmas might come early. Patience is a virtue.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I had a brillant post about 6 paragraphs long well thought out very informative I hit post reply and I got a time out message, wasn't thinking and refreshed. Lost everything.

ive had the exact same thing happen to me (i doubt mine was brilliant but it was sell thought out and took some time). i didn't have the energy to re type it. it would have probably gotten me my star so i think folks owe me some rep

ive started copying mine before i hit send that way if i get timed out all i have to do is hit paste

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

I can't always tell if the slowness is due to the INGO server or my amazingly crappy satellite connection. However, I long ago got in the habit of writing my longer posts in a Word document and then cutting and pasting into the INGO reply space. Doing that gives me two benefits. I can use the Word spell checker and I don't lose as many posts as I did before. Now if I could just figure out some software to make the posts informative and brilliant! :rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    ive had the exact same thing happen to me (i doubt mine was brilliant but it was sell thought out and took some time). i didn't have the energy to re type it. it would have probably gotten me my star so i think folks owe me some rep

I've started copying mine before i hit send that way if i get timed out all i have to do is hit paste

Same exact thing here, after I lost a couple of what I thought was some really great killer posts I started copying the content of it before hitting the submit reply button.

Top Bottom