450 .45
    5000 .22lr
    800 .223

Need to keep on hand at all times, not including plinking rounds:

1500 9mm
    1500 .45
    7500 .22lr
    2000 .223

The good thing is i reload 9mm, .45, .223, and i have plenty of brass working on the powder projectiles and primers. Plus i buy ammo if/when i find good deals.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i completely ran out of ammunition, shot up every last round i had, since i cannot find components or ammunition, i have since sold all my of my reloading equipment and all of my firearms. i am left with but a tactical baseball bat and flashlight to defend myself. peopel really get nervous when i oc the bat.

RipkinC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indy
    Ok I'll bite,
    Need, well I would like to have a reserve and a supply I can dip into that doesn't make me cringe if I shoot some of it, so Need to be able to buy or reload 200+ rounds after a range session, or 1-2k for/after a class
    I would love to do another class this summer but with current conditions I cant afford the ammo to replace what i would shoot.
    Want, well like most I want it all, but would like to have atleast 10K of each cal I shoot on average.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    any less than 100,000 rounds is unacceptable

That's what I thought until my insurance agent offered to drop me. The upside is my foundation is much stronger since we built the solid concrete magazine in the basement. I had to call it a storm shelter on the permits since ammo magazines are specifically prohibited in my zoning. I ran out of purple.

I have enough, but would like more.

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Its not a matter of want, but need. Everyone is buying the **** up faster than they can make it, I have almost NO ammo, and I cant find it :dunno: I have 500 .22 LR, 600 .223 150 .9 and 50 .45 cal. I got enough shotgun ammo to last me a couple years, but most of it is steel shot for waterfowl, but I can use it for self defence if need, plus a few slugs, and 1 box of 25 00 buck I just happened to find, I NEED .22 , .9 , and .45 REALLY bad. :( Everyone needs to stop be gready!!! :xmad:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    There is never "Enough"..............ever.
    My wife thinks different! My son & I have accumulated 'bout 30K rounds and enough components and lead to reload most of that... Haven't added any since the "panic". Like to have about another 30K total of the rounds used in our semi-auto rifles. (We have several calibers).

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    I like to keep 500 rounds for each caliber I own at a minimum and then anything above that goes to the range. Once I get more space, I'd like to increase that significantly.

Top Bottom